[Old PotW] MotM 4/10/2011: Collisions

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
wait im not getting you, are you talking about the game mechanics or the voice's.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what I get for making Jeice shout loser.

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
So, fix it :D speaking of interpolation and such. Are there any antilag methods implemented ?
I remember we had to implement our own antilag methods in RTCW and Wolfenstein:ET, so is that covered in ESF?

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they are going via american calender mm dd YYYY

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find my thread being made in the future more plausible then your weird format that no one in the world actually seems to use. Like what? 3-4 countries? :p

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Comes from running it on a listen server with 2 ppl from the US and the rest being half way around the world :p You'll notice dalte and I look fine :p And no there's not really anything you can do to make high speeds play nice with big pings. It's like that in any game. And no we're NOT going to redo the netcode ;P And no complaints. I'm from the US, I use US date formatting :p Anyway, it's more logical. Month, day, year.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyway, it's more logical. Month, day, year.

Speak for yourself. Logic dictates going by day of month of year a bit more user friendly then going moth of day of year. Just like your wacky imperial measurement units.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Speak for yourself. Logic dictates going by day of month of year a bit more user friendly then going moth of day of year. Just like your wacky imperial measurement units.
Even though i am in the US, i agree with you. All the units of measurement are messed up.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait, you mean besides using the least used date format, they still use the imperial system too?!
on a side note, both date formats are invalid. The superior one would be YYMMDD so it's chronological too. DD-MM-YY comes second.

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Comes from running it on a listen server with 2 ppl from the US and the rest being half way around the world :p You'll notice dalte and I look fine :p And no there's not really anything you can do to make high speeds play nice with big pings. It's like that in any game. And no we're NOT going to redo the netcode ;P And no complaints. I'm from the US, I use US date formatting :p Anyway, it's more logical. Month, day, year.
Actually this isn't that hard to fix. There are plenty of games(including RTCW and ET) where euros and americans can play just fine with high pings.
And I wasn't talking about a total redo of the netcode, a 100 lines of code could do the difference.

Also you mention high speeds, but as I recall your models are half the size of normal HL models, therefor the speed being half that aswell. In my logic, in swooping mode, it wouldn't be that much more as a normal model would run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom