motherboard / pc

Best answers
If i wre to buy a mother board and all the necsary part to build a running pc would it run?

like does the motherboard already have xp on it or do i need to purchase the cd the place it in my pc, but dusnt the pc need to be running in order to install the cd?

i am so F&*#(!g confused please help out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
XP (or any operating system) is usually* stored on the Hard Disk Drive, or HDD. The motherboard is basically the main connection for anything. It houses the CPU, any expansion slots, memory, anything for the PC to work.

I could go on and on about the parts of a PC, where they connect, what they are designed for, etc, but that'd just take a lot of time and a very long post. Instead, I recommend using google for the majority of your questions.

Google: How to Build a Computer

The Elder Geek: Clean Installation of Windows XP

Computer Parts Supplier

If, and when, you do successfully build a computer, it will work, but not well until you install all of the required drivers: Motherboard drivers, GPU drivers, etc, etc.

*For those who may take this to believe it can exist on a motherboard, it cannot. The usually acknowledges that it is possible for the OS to exist on a flash memory card or some other bootable medium.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh... the motherboard doesn't contain your operating system, the hard disk does.

If you want to build your own, you're going to need to know what you're doing. Do some (or a lot) of research into the topic, and if you're still not sure, buy a barebones kit.

Or even buy a PC from an OEM. I would never usually recommend that, but to be honest, you asking such a question makes me nervous.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bobmundo123 said:
If i wre to buy a mother board and all the necsary part to build a running pc would it run?

like does the motherboard already have xp on it or do i need to purchase the cd the place it in my pc, but dusnt the pc need to be running in order to install the cd?

i am so F&*#(!g confused please help out.
The Motherboard is used to connect all of the hardware you need for a computer. You have to install an Operating System which means you need the installation CDs. And yes your computer needs to be in working order for you to install an Operating System.

Buying a Motherboard is expensive along with buying an Operating System CD set.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aye, the PC does have to be running in order to install anything =).

Best answers
Building a PC isnt as hard as you think, just make sure you know what your doing, for example: Pentium 4 LGA775 + socket 939 mobo = bad!

having a little experience and knowledge on the subject does help a lot, so try getting a friend or someone with a little "know how" on computers to help you. and if you need any help just PM me, ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As the title implies, this might be more your speed. And you can be sure its up to date with all the latest stuff because it was published... two days from now!

Thats what libraries are for.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Except that costs money, and building a PC is easy as ... 1 2 3 (maybe some 4s, 5s, and 6s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom