Most underrated band ever? :o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Theres four real under rated bands that I know of. No one knows of them, yet their amazing :)

-Stratovarius
-Dragon Force
-Rhapsody
-Nightwish <--- Not sure if their underrated <_< >_>

You guys should try listening to them

Post some bands that you think are really underrated

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive seen dragonforce, they played at my old school =P. very good powermetal.

underrated = queen. cos they can never be rated high enough =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeh, i heard about nightwish from an emo goth, so erm...yeh
NW are only popular in Finland anyways, and some parts of emo-Canada
i personally dont like Nightwish's music that much, but i guess its ok to listen to for a minute or 2...
hmm.. Underrated bands... GUANO APES \o/ and Symphony X

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
symphony x arent under rated, they just suck in comparrison with their peers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm...Nightwish are one of my favorite bands, I think all their albums have been released over here and yes, Viva, in the gothic scene they're well known so I personally wouldn't say the were underrated, despite how great they are.

I'd say Tristania, they're very similar to Nightwish with a male lead singer, yet hardly anybody i've talked to has heard of them. 'World of Glass' is fantastic. Dream Theater don't seem to get much publicity over here either, and they're amazing too.

EDIT: Crafty edit by Ness, Guano Apes are great. 'Open your Eyes' is the song I play ESF to :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeh, i love Dream Theater as well, they need more attention :x
but for now, ive returned back to my Hip Hop and Drum and Bass \o/
lol Ravendust, yeh; Open Your Eyes was the first song of theirs i ever heard in Team Ryouko promo video, then Gonadz introduced me to the band's music

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pffft all my favourate music is under rated... or it seems like im the only one who likes it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i heard lots of guano apes when i was in holland...

and dave, i like your favorite music too <3

under-rated nowadays... Mozart, Beethoven, Rimzki-korsikov, Vivaldi, and Micheal Jackson

KyoKusanagi

K
Guano Apes
Finger Eleven - (at least here in Australia)
Our Lady Peace - (ditto above)
Nightwish - they do seem to have a small but loyal following here.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say the most underrated band is "Savage Garden." Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're fantastic. But a lot of their songs have been featured in movies and are VERY well known, yet people attribute the songs to the movies or simply don't know who sings them--SG doesn't get the credit.

Best answers
Alice Cooper...

His music is friggin timeless. My mother ADORED him when she was my age, then tortured me when I was say a foot tall.... and now I'm sitting here jamming to "Brutal Planet" "I'm Eighteen" and "Poison"

Best answers
element+eighty

took me 1month to get their album importaned from the states stupid england being so slow

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I'd say the most underrated band is "Savage Garden." Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're fantastic. But a lot of their songs have been featured in movies and are VERY well known, yet people attribute the songs to the movies or simply don't know who sings them--SG doesn't get the credit.

i love you ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Yeah, Theres four real under rated bands that I know of. No one knows of them, yet their amazing :)

-Stratovarius
-Dragon Force
-Rhapsody
-Nightwish <--- Not sure if their underrated <_< >_>

You guys should try listening to them

Post some bands that you think are really underrated
Everyone I know is all over these bands' nutsacks like a jock strap.

I hate all of those bands anyway, except Stratovarius (because Stratovarius is one of the only power metal bands that has the balls to still make a normal song and aren't afraid of people thinking they suck by using a simple piece). None of them 'amaze' me; I am in a band with a keyboardist and two guitar players with rack effects. That is pretty much all any of them are--except Rhapsody, who has gone above and beyond the call of egotism and actually paid an orchestra to write their backing tracks (which, at nine out of ten shows, are played by the PA and nothing more). And even then, Rhapsody uses the egotistical self-absorbed BS that fuels their musical crusade to pump out utter crap, especially in the Luca Turilli project. They actually have a ****ing song called "The Magical Forest of Elves."

I know a girl who is an actress who can shred that ugly ***** Tarja any day of the week, believe it or not (And, get over it, she is ugly, any day of the week, without her four stylists touching up her three coats of polyurethane eyeshadow). The rest of Nightwish is keyboards. Nothing impressive to me. I once heard Nightwish described as "a much more melodramatic and self-absorbed version of Evanescence" and I agree wholeheartedly. My drummer has a thing he built himself for his drums that, when he hits this certain panel on a mounted cymbal stand, an orchestra comes into our songs from a sampler. So no--I am not impressed. Particular by Tuomas Holopainen, who is a mediocre keyboardist at best, I think. I am in a band with a sampler and keyboardist and it sounds just as 'epic' as Nightwish does. So I am not impressed.

These bands are not a secret. In fact, if anything, they are a trend. Aside from being on MTV, they are as widely whored where I live as Korn and Limp Bizkit were in the 90s. And they are all equally overrated, not underrated. Their fans are fanatics in my experience too; people who think they listen to the 'right' kind of music and subsequently despise and loath all other kinds. They think people like me who don't like that stuff just 'don't know any better' or are 'uneducated on real music.'

As for the most underrated band ever, that's easy--Megadeth, who has had to wrestle for props even with their last album being incredible in a market where no one else had anything even close to it. Megadeth doesn't get half the credit they deserve as musicians either; Dave Mustaine has more musically sound abilities in his urinary tract than all the bands listed here probably do in their entire lineup. The guy has changed lineups tons of times; he was stuck in rehab for a long time; he found God but still never lost his edge; and to top it all off his arm was paralyzed for over a year and he rehabbed it back to health in order to go on to produce one of the best albums I've heard in five or maybe even ten years, with some of the most incredibly ingenius guitar work I've heard this decade on it. Meanwhile Metallica was in therapy and doing their damnedest to not even try on their latest album.

Dave Mustaine gets no credit. He will shred anybody on the planet, no questions asked.

Other underrated bands:
Black Label Society (No producers means the company doesn't want to back the album; Zakk makes those albums pretty much entirely himself I believe, with friends and fellow players from all over the country)
Queen (Musical geniuses...plus the fact that Freddie Mercury was DYING when they made their last album, and they couldn't stop him from doing it. Tarja cancels tours because she has chapped lips, for ****s' sake)
Black Sabbath (invented the idea of a riff-based song structure, really, alongside Zeppelin. They also invented something that Zeppelin didn't, thouh: distortion. Do any fo these keyboard toting gnome-themed eurotrash know that?)
Korn (Korn suddenly got like, talented and musical, about a year ago, and put out a string of songs that were actually musical and not these off the wall messes like early Korn. Now no one likes them because they started making normal music...)

Other overrated bands:
Any band where the guitar players are the center of the music
Any band where the keyboards are the center of the music
Nu metal / Death Metal /Black Metal ... I alone can do all that stuff with nothing but m computer playing drums--sans the self-absorbed messages I'd have to shovel down your throat
Iron Maiden (E e e e e e e e e e e e e C c c c c c c c c D d d d d d d d d d d ... three guitar players playing one massively boring riff does not magically make it good)
Slipknot (It's just a bunch of losers making noise hitting pots and ****, get over it)
Nightwish
Nightwish
Nightwish again
"Epic Fantasy Power Metal"
Nightwish
Linkin Park (All the songs are the same, so your dad beat your ass, get over it Chester FFS)
Nightwish again

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I'd say Tristania, they're very similar to Nightwish with a male lead singer, yet hardly anybody i've talked to has heard of them. 'World of Glass' is fantastic. Dream Theater don't seem to get much publicity over here either, and they're amazing too.
They're only underrated outside of Norway :p And it's awesome to find another fan here, too. Man, if you thought World of Glass was a fantastic song/album, you should hear their first album "Beyond the Veil" Songs like "Angina" and "Lethean River" will blow your mind.

Lesse though, Mercury Rev was pretty underrated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pride, i would agree to a point, but the latest slipknot IS leaps and bounds above just about any other recent release from any other band...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom