Most Immersive Game?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which game, in your opinion, is the most immersive? Meaning, you feel that you actually ARE the character.

For me, its definitely Call of Duty. The Stalingrad level just had me on the edge of my seat, and I was afraid of enemy fire. I could feel my allies tension, and I supported them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There have been some amazing HL2 and FEAR levels. Doom 3 must get an honorable mention because of its atmosphere.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'd say, off the top of my head, Deus Ex. It's my favourite FPS and I loved every minute of it. Finding different ways of doing things just made it feel so awesome. And the fact that it was made from real photos and blueprints was gives it a more real feel too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, Silent Hill(s) and System Shock 2 get me very far into the game.

Best answers
Doom 3 for what Smith mentioned...It's atmosphere. There were times where I was screaming profanities out while running backwards shooting a shotgun.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:
Which game, in your opinion, is the most immersive? Meaning, you feel that you actually ARE the character.
Going strictly by your definition of the question, my answer would be: World of Warcraft, Roleplaying realms/servers. Ninety percent of WoW players who play on PvE-only or PvP-only realms wouldn't now what I am talking about, but those who do play on RP-PvE or RP-PvP realms would know exactly what I mean.

Generically speaking where you don't feel like you are the character, the most immersive game I have played would probably be Doom 3.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most immersive game? An old SNES game called Taekwon-Do. There's just something about it that just puts me in there regardless of it being a fighting game. Too bad you can only choose between Korean text or Japanese text, but you find your way around eventually.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines =) I was completely immersed in the game when I first played it. I even dreamed about it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
breakdown, nuff said.

wish theyd make a sequel =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Silent Hill 2, I got very wrapped up in that storyline, it was like the game equivalent of a good novel.

Metal Gear Solid 3 gets an honourable mention for it's forest that's crawling with life and cinematic feel.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half Life / Half-Life 2 / Half-Life 2 Episode 1

Kotor 1 / 2

And ESF ofcourse *cough*

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn. Both games were already mentioned!

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and Deus Ex. There really isn't much of a competition.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This may strike some people as awkward but I'd probably have to say Planescape Torment. I can visualize the situation and play through it as the main character (at least the first time) while I have no clue what is going on. The great writing and fascinating characters really pull you into the world and let you emphathize with what is going on around you, as alien as it is. Definitely one of if not the most immersive role playing game around.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Call of Duty 1. Hands down the most immersive game I've played.

MG42 fire, mortars falling, men shouting orders. It just had an atmosphere that the 2nd one couldn't capture.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HL2, Doom3 + expansion & Quake 2 (haven't played Quake4 yet).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gotta say Call of Duty. Like many others, the first time I got off the boats at the start of the russian campaign and ran up the beach was probably the most intense experiance i've ever had in a game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
This may strike some people as awkward but I'd probably have to say Planescape Torment. I can visualize the situation and play through it as the main character (at least the first time) while I have no clue what is going on. The great writing and fascinating characters really pull you into the world and let you emphathize with what is going on around you, as alien as it is. Definitely one of if not the most immersive role playing game around.
Totally agree, amazing storyline and characters. Morte owns.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-life serious, System Shock 2(OMG! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!),

Oblivion is great too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom