• Intertesting Storyline/Cinematics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Online Play

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most fighting games consist at least one of the above...I think air combos are the most important thing a good fighting game MUST have.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
one of what above? o_O

i think an essential element is.... punches and kicks =O

Best answers
since soul calibur totally rocks....immense move list and combos!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
damn! i had to choose between half naked chicks and immense combos... :(

immense combos \o/

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
none of the above.

SPEED
games gotta have speed or i'll put it down in like 15 seconds. large move list helps, lots of DIVERSE characters are cool too. and graphics are always a plus, but if your like me you still love the sprite based fighting games :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was gonna say that.

Speed for the win. \m/

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't see the 'fighting' part of this poll, so I picked storyline. For a fighting game, I like extreme special moves and lots of chars.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I voted air combos, but what do I know. I hate fighting games :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The most essential thing for a fighting game? That's easy, no third dimension! 2D fighters for the win!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, it was a tossup between more moves or more characters. I went for more characters because, as long as the characters are different (different fighting styles, appearances, moves etc...) you tend to get more moves anyway.

Best answers
Half naked female characters! Sweet. That's what i voted for. I dont know why.. I actually kinda hate those kindsa games.. can i change my vote?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would say a lot more variation. Like each character punches their own way instead of everyone looking the same.

Fighting style selection… got to have that. Def Jam: Fight for New York had me obsessed with the different fighting style combinations, too bad it was not more in-depth. Maybe a system where you can choose out of a number of moves your character can perform. Such as you can choose how your character punches, etcetera.

Training. Like Fight Night Round 2 had when you could build up your character through training. Not too many games have that, though there are those which you build up your character through fights.

Realistic fighting. Injuries like broken ankles, fatigue, much more weapons (anything you can find), etcetera.

Mostly I am referring to Street Fight games since those always caught my eye.

Online play is a big must so that people all over the world can compete.

SOUTH PAWS!!! I have no seen too many of them in a while except in Boxing games.

A good storyline is another must. Def Jam: Fight for New York had an interesting storyline though, it was too prolonged which made it become boring over time.

Able to buy clothes, accessories, training equipment, etcetera.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You favored all of the stupidest things in fighting games and left out the two most important ones:

1.) Quick, responsive controls, and
2.) Balanced fighting engine with reversals/blocks/freeform combos

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the thing a fighting game needs most is BALANCE most fighting games only have mabey 5-6 characters that are actually used for tourney play and there coupld be 45 characters in the game. the most balanced game out there atm is probabily virtua fighter 4 evolution

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
None of those things really appeal to me in a fighting game... However, on that list, probably the most important thing is alot of characters.

And technically, the more characters the more variety of moves - people are also interested in many diffrent kinds of characters, the majority of um may not even appeal to you either.

Take KOF as an example, everyone likes KOF, but the majority of ppl that play it usually have a unique team (while others just play Top Tiers because they always want to win - unless the top tier characters are coinsidentally their favorite ones).

I never find myself playing Hinako, but there are alot of Hinako fanboys out there, I dont see whats so great about her besides the fact her 100 hand slap imitation can go through attacks.

I usually like a character depending on their additude (Terry, Vanessa, Rugal etc. etc.).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm glad that at least SOME people mentioned balance. It's easily the most important thing in a fighting game imo.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I picked the first option, but if I had to make one, I would choose quick, responsive controls (Thanks SaiyanPride).

Also, character cutromisation O_O. Not the different suits thingo in DoA ( Dead or Alive ) but like MC stated, having wrist bands, shoes, clothes, hats etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom