Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intertesting Storyline/Cinematics

• Online Play

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Customization option is not essential to a fighting game for ****... lol That sounds more like a "Favorite" feature. But its irrational in a fighting game.

The thing I mostly look for in a fighting game is pretty much, the battle system. Which was sadly, not listed up there. Combos are nice, but not really the most important element.

Best answers
For me, a fighting game has got to have depth. I can't really define what depth is, I think it's a combination of a lot of different things, but it's easy to tell whether a game has depth or not. If a newbie player can pick a newbie character and beat an experienced player, then the game probably doesn't have much depth. For example, in Dead of Alive 3 almost anyone can pick up the pad and pull off crazy combo's and beat an experienced player. On the other hand, if you're good with a character in Soul Calibur 2, there's no way a newbie is going to pick Maxi and button bash you to the edge of sanity no matter how many times they try.

Best answers
The most essential thing for a fighting game? That's easy, no third dimension! 2D fighters for the win!
YAY!uh got that right kid!call me mr.karate the karate goblin!no takuma sakazaki here! XD

Garou:Mark of the Wolves is the best 2D fighting game ever!

KyoKusanagi

K
Personally i think Balance should have been in there - nothing sucks more in a fighting game than when theres a bunch of overpowered characters (or even just one) who can decimate everyone else without even trying. e.g. Jinpachi Mishima, all SNK fighting game bosses particularly Geese Howard.

Best answers
Game must have Extreme special moves/combos.

Some more elements:

RPG elements.

Good Story line.

Make ur own char like in Morrowind,

Choose betwen 5 fighting styles. (Box, Karate, Kung Fu,.....)

tHAT WOULD be good fighting game. :yes:

edit:

Mutch Blood :devil:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
K-K-K-K-K-K- KOMBO BREAKER!

Haha...I loved that game... [killer instinct gold]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-JLN- said:
For me, a fighting game has got to have depth. I can't really define what depth is, I think it's a combination of a lot of different things, but it's easy to tell whether a game has depth or not. If a newbie player can pick a newbie character and beat an experienced player, then the game probably doesn't have much depth. For example, in Dead of Alive 3 almost anyone can pick up the pad and pull off crazy combo's and beat an experienced player. On the other hand, if you're good with a character in Soul Calibur 2, there's no way a newbie is going to pick Maxi and button bash you to the edge of sanity no matter how many times they try.
Yeah, "depth" is definitely key. I mean, I'm one of the guy who chose "variety of moves" but honestly... as an example, Super Smash Bros. Melee is one of the most balanced and in-depth fighting games I've ever played, and yet each character has very, very few moves. It was just made well. A newb could never beat a pro in that game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eww, RPG elements in a Fighting Game wouldn't really make it last forever. Take your RPG Elements and GIT! lol j/k :p

Choosing your own fighting style wouldn't really help out much either (take a look at Fight for New York - its a good fighting game, alot of blood, has leveling up, great graphics, you even get to choose your own fighting style - but no one plays it anymore. Thats not really what makes a fighting game).

People are more interested when the developers come up with a cool/descent looking character design a cool set of moves to go with it (sadly it doesn't sound "ALL THAT" but the majority of people in the fighting game community actually just prefer it like this).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom