Most Advanced Civilization?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to 'go overboard,' but you guys should really do five minutes of research of all the most important technology invented in the 20th century, in nearly every field.

The transistor, the assembly line, the microprocessor, hand-held calculators, the first electronic computers, airplanes, arguably the Internet, arguably Radio and definitely F.M. radio, a majority of all modern aerospace technology, voice recognition technology, bar codes, the laser, modems, the integrated circuit, FORTRAN, C, Perl, (etc) Windows (*cough*), computer mice, RAM, Ethernet, laser printers--the list really does go on.

Then there's a whole bunch of completely random things: microwaves, slinkies, credit cards, aerosol cans, nylon, 'practical' fiber optics, kevlar, numerous antibiotics including tetracyclines, prozac (and numerous other drugs), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) technology, Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) technology, etc.

I could go on! But there's only so much time in the day. :p As much as people seem to have an anti-American streak because of our less-than-stellar leadership at the moment, a majority of the advanced technology in use today is either directly based or derivatively based off of "our" inventions.

Best answers
g0jack said:
But gundams can't exist because for that we need gundamium alloy. Now, do any of the series actually tell you what kind of metals are combined for the alloy to form? >_>
you know that gundamium was only used in Gundam wing. most mobile suits including the RX-78 where made out of Titanium or neo/moon Titanium. i would have to say japan is since they lead the way in robotics and Minaturizing components.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again, they aren't leading the way in robotics. They show you robots more often than America does, but so far their best robot just walks. MIT has done some crazy things. Google it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah uh, ARPANet + AlohaNET (We had functional WiFi over 30 years ago)

We win, thanks (if you disagree, disconnect from the internet)

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Not to 'go overboard,' but you guys should really do five minutes of research of all the most important technology invented in the 20th century, in nearly every field.

The transistor, the assembly line, the microprocessor, hand-held calculators, the first electronic computers, airplanes, arguably the Internet, arguably Radio and definitely F.M. radio, a majority of all modern aerospace technology, voice recognition technology, bar codes, the laser, modems, the integrated circuit, FORTRAN, C, Perl, (etc) Windows (*cough*), computer mice, RAM, Ethernet, laser printers--the list really does go on.

Then there's a whole bunch of completely random things: microwaves, slinkies, credit cards, aerosol cans, nylon, 'practical' fiber optics, kevlar, numerous antibiotics including tetracyclines, prozac (and numerous other drugs), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) technology, Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) technology, etc.

I could go on! But there's only so much time in the day. :p As much as people seem to have an anti-American streak because of our less-than-stellar leadership at the moment, a majority of the advanced technology in use today is either directly based or derivatively based off of "our" inventions.
QFT.

WOOT FOR SLINKIES

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Technological, I would say Japan, but most civilized?

Also infrastructure, stable economy, freedom of speech and ofcourse degree of poverty.

Japan has two of them, but doesnt have a real stable economy.

USA isnt ready leading, they just have the biggest army.

European countries like Belgium, Norway, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Sweden, Iceland and Austria come a lot more closer to be the most civilized nations on earth.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
a majority of the advanced technology in use today is either directly based or derivatively based off of "our" inventions.
Well, I agree, america is downplayed mainly because of your leadership atm and various other stereotypes, but the comment above isnt really valid, technology evolves, and has done for hundreds of years, you cant simply say "we're responsible for the majority of advanced technology" it's always been a contribution between all nations over a long period of time. You could research into more about the examples you gave and find that germans, swiss, french, japanese, chinese, russian, etc all contributed into the development of those things.

Remember Technology isnt the only thing that makes a civilization advanced, look at crime/social deviance, poverty, welfare state, religion, corruption, economy, cultural diversity, education, public transport, health/healthcare etc.

And wolf devil the british empire is dead. >_> Britian is pretty backward these days imo.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He didn't say most civilized. He said the most advanced civilization and he used robots as an example of what he meant. I think he was referring to the most technologically advanced civilization.

Germany was uber advanced when the Nazis were around. Kinda makes you wonder how far ahead of everyone they'd be if they chose to use their power for good scientists for the good of man.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
He didn't say most civilized. He said the most advanced civilization and he used robots as an example of what he meant. I think he was referring to the most technologically advanced civilization.

Germany was uber advanced when the Nazis were around. Kinda makes you wonder how far ahead of everyone they'd be if they chose to use their power for good scientists for the good of man.

When you ask the question "most advanced civilisation?" i'd expect the answer to match the question. Infact, if he wanted to know what people thought was the most technologically advanced civilisation it should read "which civilisation do you think is the most technologically advanced?" Advanced civilisations and which civilisation has the most advanced technology are 2 different things.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
germany is a good cevilisatoin area where are no-germans are welcome... there are almost no germans.

in my opinion russian is a very smart nation. they´re allready working now on something what maybe would start in the next 100-200 years...
my dad is working on a healing programm with the cosmos and stuff... just freakn out.
i dunno in my opinion are japan and russia the most advanced civilasation on earth. American are somekind smart, but also .. stupid. i dunno but american is not in my choice list, sry.

germany is kinda weak... they´re good in someways but the youth here... just stupid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
America, simply for the reasons Alea mentioned which kind of made doo-doo over all of your faces.

As for gundams, a giant bipedal robot is probably the most impractical, cumbersome idea ever. It would guzzle energy like nothing else, contain advanced electronics that would be a pain to maintain, cost FAR too much money to produce, and for all of that money be way too fragile to be worth it. The reason gundams were made in the UC timeline (which was the original, and most scientific, not a friggin boy band anime like GW) was because of the creation of minovsky particles, which rendered missiles useless. In today's world any variety of aircraft would just shoot a big old tomahawk or whatever and render a hundred tons of metal absolutely useless.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The netherlands , since we are the only ones that see that we shud legalize!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
When you ask the question "most advanced civilisation?" i'd expect the answer to match the question. Infact, if he wanted to know what people thought was the most technologically advanced civilisation it should read "which civilisation do you think is the most technologically advanced?" Advanced civilisations and which civilisation has the most advanced technology are 2 different things.
You can infer what he meant by his answer. He he wanted to know what is the most advanced civilization in terms of government, education systems, loving thy neighbor and so forth, he would have said so. I'm only able to answer him based on his answer to his own question. I'm sorry.

Best answers
Nabeshin said:
you know that gundamium was only used in Gundam wing. most mobile suits including the RX-78 where made out of Titanium or neo/moon Titanium. i would have to say japan is since they lead the way in robotics and Minaturizing components.
Aww, really? Well Gundam Wing was always my favorite.. I think...

Wat

Best answers
Civ 4 really is a triumph of turn-based games. ...But I still can't stand playing against the stupid Aztecs.

Sweden was my initial answer -- as far as I can tell, the Japanese don't actually invent as much technology as they improve existing technology.

Other countries make the advances, the Japanese make them practical. Take that as you wish...or don't.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KB17 said:
First off, I do not play Sid Meier games.
On this day I shed a tear for you... you, who has not yet lived.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
China/Japan, They're extremely strict. Everyone in China and Japan are extremely educated. To me, that's pretty advanced and pretty amazing that mostly everyone in Japan and China have great educations.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sean said:
China/Japan, They're extremely strict. Everyone in China and Japan are extremely educated. To me, that's pretty advanced and pretty amazing that mostly everyone in Japan and China have great educations.
You're entitled to your opinion, however--what on Earth makes you think China's population is "extremely educated"?

Retired
Best answers
and what would make you think they are not?

i think china is extremely educated but that is only an opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom