Most Advanced Civilization?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who do you think is the most advanced civilization as of right now?

Mine is Japan. They use robots for everything. They also always try to out due America.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone tries to out due America.

You need to specific on what you mean advanced, unless you meant technologically advanced.

Best answers
Seeing how much of a global society we are today I don't think there is any definate advanced civilization. If I had to choose a country in terms of being most 'advanced' I would probably say Japan as well. But it's not like they're miles ahead of the rest of the world.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Humanity is a civilization. Japan is a nation.

Youve been playing too many Sid Meier games. :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Advanced in what sense? Technologically, America's military is the most advanced in the world so I'd think that makes America the most advanced.

If you mean advanced as in making gadgets and things and selling them to other nations, then Japan wins. I just wish they'd make a damn Gundam already.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Advanced in what sense? Technologically, America's military is the most advanced in the world so I'd think that makes America the most advanced.

If you mean advanced as in making gadgets and things and selling them to other nations, then Japan wins. I just wish they'd make a damn Gundam already.
They have their reasons.

What if the gundam got into the wrong hands?

Suck ass.

Anyways, japan ftw.

Basically, japan invents all the ****, and america steals it and makes it 30x better.

o/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Advanced civilization, advanced civilization....

Whatever race made those Tripods in War of the Worlds.

But on Earth? I would have to sway between America and Japan.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If he meant advancement in terms of civilization, I would say Asia, since America is fairly young compared to the rest of the world. If he meant technologically advanced, I would say America since we're (US) are becoming technologically dependant (as are other countries).

With the kind of plans Bush has for the military, our military technology will exceed all others (if they can get the theories to be proven). We already scrubbed the Commanche program in order to improve mobile infantry. Unfortunately, last time I check, none of the theories were practical.

Best answers
Zeonix said:

You do know that it's physically impossible for gundams to exist, right?

I'd say the British Empire.

betterman

B
Wolf Devil said:
You do know that it's physically impossible for gundams to exist, right?

I'd say the British Empire.
nothing is impossible, 200 years ago they thought it impossible to go across the united states in under a month, but then they created the train.

In a sense, for the most part of what we can be sure, there really are no advanced civilizations in any other sense then military, technology and maybe culture. From what ive seen in my life so far(given its rather short, I'm only 15), the world is probably about 80% full of *******s who will screw you over just to get theirs, and will kill, steal, etc. anywone and from anywone, to get what they want, I'm told constantly by my parents mainly 1 thing, 1. your to nice and that if you keep trusting people they will **** you, i wish that you could live in a world where everyone could be trusted, but now that is a impossible dream isn't it?

I suppose thats a bit off topic but sure, i guess Japan ftw.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Taiwan. They produce all of our CPU cores and GFX cores/cards & more.

Best answers
Taiwan is the home of all the factories that make our products.

But gundams can't exist because for that we need gundamium alloy. Now, do any of the series actually tell you what kind of metals are combined for the alloy to form? >_>

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tokyo is the center of a lot of technological advancement, and the city is themed on being technological.

So, that's my vote.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off, I do not play Sid Meier games.

Second off, i meant in terms of technology. Not war tatics or guns or **** like that. I mean like robots and ways of life.

I say Japan yet again because they've already begun using robots for toys and to help out the handicap. And look at what we got, a dog.

Best answers
dude...dogs could totally pizzown ne robot in like half a secound

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the justification to Japan being the most technologically advanced nation is robots and AI, that is a very narrow-minded view of "technology".

What about medical technology, bio-technology, military technology, space technology, informtion technology, etc... and the list go on. And arguably, Sweden is currently leading the field in many, although not all, of those categories.

Sweden is the most technologically advanced nation in the world, according to the annual Information Society Index (ISI) by IDC. Source.
Yes, Japan has robots, don't forget, there is more to technology than robots.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
First off, I do not play Sid Meier games.

Second off, i meant in terms of technology. Not war tatics or guns or **** like that. I mean like robots and ways of life.

I say Japan yet again because they've already begun using robots for toys and to help out the handicap. And look at what we got, a dog.
Guns are technology. Being able to destroy a target from 23 miles up is technology. Airplanes are technology. All aspects of the military is related to technology, because most of the time the person with the better or more effective technology wins.

I'll play your game. Robotics. Again, America is ahead of the game. Sure, its for the military, but it doesn't make it any less real.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
They have their reasons.

What if the gundam got into the wrong hands?

Suck ass.

Anyways, japan ftw.

Basically, japan invents all the ****, and america steals it and makes it 30x better.

o/
Other way around, I'm afraid. The Japanese are excellent at manufacturing, but look at all the technological advances the computing and electronic world has made in the last hundred years, and they're nearly all American.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
America definately leads the way as far as engineering certain technological platforms.

But, Japan has always had a way of inspiring technology as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom