Mortal Kombat backstory..

Best answers
Ok.. So I haven't played MK since MK3, but I did read the information and storylines of the later versions provided on the official site. But Now I'm totally lost.. The thing that bugs me the most is: who's good and who's bad?

- Sub-Zero used to be evil, turned good, died, had a twin brother to replace him..
- Scorpion was evil, tried to kill Sub-Zero, found out he didn't have to kill Sub-Zero, went on some other quest to kill Quan chi, now seems to be neutral to everyone..
- Sindel was Shoa Kahn's wife, now all of the sudden she seems to be on the good side?
- Kabal seems to be on the good side, but all his allies are aligned to the evil side (Kano, Kira, ..)
- Lui Kang finally died but is a zombie now?
- Jade used to be evil, now good, together with Sindel?
- Smoke used to be Sub-Zero's friend, now evil and aligned with easteregg char Noob Saibot?
- Raiden died to Kill the Dragon King, yet still lives in every version of MK?

Could anyone please explain what has happens since MK3? Because I'll most likely get MK:A since it -should- be the last version, and looks to be promising..

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Kimfu said:
Because I'll most likely get MK:A since it -should- be the last version, and looks to be promising..
Just thought id mention, they only said it would be the last Mortal Kombat on the current generation of consoles.

Best answers
Kimfu said:
Ok.. So I haven't played MK since MK3, but I did read the information and storylines of the later versions provided on the official site. But Now I'm totally lost.. The thing that bugs me the most is: who's good and who's bad?

- Sub-Zero used to be evil, turned good, died, had a twin brother to replace him..
- Scorpion was evil, tried to kill Sub-Zero, found out he didn't have to kill Sub-Zero, went on some other quest to kill Quan chi, now seems to be neutral to everyone..
- Sindel was Shoa Kahn's wife, now all of the sudden she seems to be on the good side?
- Kabal seems to be on the good side, but all his allies are aligned to the evil side (Kano, Kira, ..)
- Lui Kang finally died but is a zombie now?
- Jade used to be evil, now good, together with Sindel?
- Smoke used to be Sub-Zero's friend, now evil and aligned with easteregg char Noob Saibot?
- Raiden died to Kill the Dragon King, yet still lives in every version of MK?

Could anyone please explain what has happens since MK3? Because I'll most likely get MK:A since it -should- be the last version, and looks to be promising..
Sub Zero is good. He became all "Lin Kuei Clan Leader" type guy.
Yeah, Scorpion is basically neutral, from what I gathered.
Sindel was the former king's wife but Shao Kahn took over and she was supposedly "brainwashed" or something. Same with Jade.
Not sure if Kabal is good or not. Don't think he fights for the good side though.
Liu Kang is... good. If you beat Deception with him and get his ending... I think it comes up there.
Smoke is evil. Don't remember why.
Yeah, Raiden apparently survived his nuclear atomic super mega explosion against Onaga and is pissed. And black.

Best answers
Well, the MK:D site states that Kabal is aligned with the good guys (not neutral or evil), yet he is part of the Black Dragon clan, and is allied with Kano, Kira, Havik, .. (all evil or neutral).. And if I remember correctly, in MK3, Kabal was a good guy to (some sort of rebellion leader against Shoa Kahn)

And as far as I know, Smoke was once Sub-Zero's best friend in their ninja-love clan, but when that clan crumbled, each ninja went on his own way, Smoke was captured and was made robotic, but in MK3 at the end, you find out that Sub-Zero and Smoke meet and form the alliance again.. So they slapped Shoa Kahn together and everything was buddy-buddy again.. But now, he seems to be evil again (and allied with a Noob)

I'm starting to think I should just give up on the MK backbone story? :p Doesn't make sense overall

Best answers
Yeah, you're right. But I think Noob Saibot might have had something to do with the evil-ifying of Smoke.

Best answers
just WIKI it. they tell you everything about the MK storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom