Morning Mist-Version 2

Best answers
This is Morning mist without any mountain lines, and decided to add some "mist" to it. It was a quick add, so if it does'nt look good, tell me.

Edit* Ripple water added, what do you think of the two? which is better?

ONE WITH RIPPLE WATER

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think i saw it allready on dba.... i really like this its good shaded too...
*DAMN WHEN I WATCH INTO THE SUN IT BLEND ME!*

btw. the water seems like a mirror and not like water ;)

Best answers
I could add a little life to the water, but have you ever seen those really still lakes, where nothing has been touched in the water and its so clear and so smooth that it has a complete reflection? That is what i was going for.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2nd one is pretty much perfect, but you forgot nessy with her head out of the water...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looking good, set the lens flare to about 10 - 20% ocpicity (the one thats on the water)

Best answers
I tried to make the opacity lower, to me it just doesnt look right. but ill do it and show you guys.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think you should remove the clouds in the sky :-\ but on the water its ok.

Best answers
The biggest mistake is that the front/smaller hills drop a shadow on the bigger hills although the sun is in one position wich makes the shadow drop on the smaller hills and you can`t see them from that perspective. Everything else looks fine.

Best answers
btw. the water seems like a mirror and not like water
Seconded for truth. It looks like you jus merged the whole thing to 1 layer then copied it, flippied it horiz, transformed it to fit in that space, even with the ripple filter.

Like i said on the last one, if you want it to look real then ditch the lens flare from it, because lens flare is a camera effect and not some spheres floating in the air that only cameras see. If you were gonna get a flare from the intense light reflecting from the water, my best guess would be that it would look very different to an exact copy of the one from the real sun (no matter how perfectly still the water is).

The rest, well. None of it is that /bad/, except that you put the sun highlights for the foremost mountains on the mountains behind them... which really ruins the depth you are trying to simulate.

You gotta be cruel to be kind, i hope you take the crits the right way.

Best answers
I am, dont worry, lol, i like it. lol. I understand what you are saying, but the last post you made about the lens flare, i thought you were just saying take it off completly, but i was thinking he is wrong, because there is a reflection of sunlight, but you are right, it is not perfectly reflected. I shall fix it. About the moutains, i had it to where there were all the same color and it wasnt jacked, but someone told me to saturate the back mountains so i did, i didnt like it ill put them back to normal and fix the sun and see what you guys think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom