Moribito: Guardian of the sacred spirit

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I wanted to see what you guys thought of this anime (if anyone else has actually seen it) and the dub that started airing on adult swim late last month.

I had just finished the subbed version of the anime when I heard about the dub and I always re-watch anime when a dubbed version comes out. I absolutely loved the japanese version, the voices really fit the characters, and the subtitles were easy to understand. The show is really well animated and the characters are pretty interesting, especially Torogai (the old shamen lady). So...ok...really amazing show, really fun to watch and I loved it to the end.

I had really high hopes when I heard a few voice actors from ghost in the shell (my favorite dubbed anime) were going to be working on it. I badly wanted Mary McGlynn (who does the voice of major Kusanagi on ghost in the shell) to play Balsa's voice but she must have been busy being awesome on another show. So that was a bust, and Balsa's english voice sounds really generic...Then there is the other main character Chagum who is supposed to sound sweet and young, almost like a girl...so instead they get a women who sounds like a punk ass teenager to play his voice...Needless to say, I'm very disappointed with the dub so far, another amazing anime is getting a generic dub.

So what are your thoughts on the anime and dub if you have seen this anime yet?

Best answers
I watched the whole japanese version of it. Damn awesome. I loved the intense fighting scenes, really cool. Never watched dubbed ver and never will. It's a waste of time. I'd go watch clouds instead...

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the tip. I couldn't stop watching and finished it in a single day. One of the best anime I've seen so far.

Best answers
Its on my top 5 list. Does have one of the best stories I've seen in a long time. I also loved the art style in this show. Some of the backgrounds were just ****ing beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom