MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE! (Transformers bishes!)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just saw it today, that movie waaaas incredible... the little radio robot was hilarious when (spoiler): he chopped his own head off and was like "oh shyt"

And the part I like the most was when (spoiler): The whole house scene when the autobots was first introduced from the beginning of that scene, to the point where they were hiding, to the point where the mom called the son a "mahstah of debator!" lol... that whole scene was hilarious.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haven't seen iut yet... so I can't judge Hugo Weaving Megatron... but I just had to represent my favored Megs....

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only Transformers I know :p

At 18 years of age I didn't grow up with the TF Cartoon

So Optimus Prime = a Gorilla
Megatron = T-Rex

Yay.
Optimus Primal is not Optimus Prime.

That being said, I can't really see how they could create a good Beast Wars movie, as it was set in a prehistoric world.

Little to no interaction with humans at all :3

Best answers
Beast Wars was a great show, and complimented G1 really well.

It did however confuse everyone with the fact that Optimus Primal and Megatron are separate from their G1 counterparts. (Beast War's Megatron voice FTW)

I'm nearing 20 now, yet still grew up with the original cartoon, I live in Australia, so I guess we got it a bit later than everywhere else :p. because by the time Beast Wars rolled around, I was already well versed in the TF universe.

Still, maybe if this new Transformers buzz lasts long enough we might see some new BW stuff (Beast Machines wasn't great)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, still haven't seen it, too busy with WoW.
Is it really worth "wasting" 2 hours?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, still haven't seen it, too busy with WoW.
Is it really worth "wasting" 2 hours?
You were playing WoW you've waisted enough time =\

It was a great movie, imo probably the best recent film I've seen in a while.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked the movie a lot. It ended really abruptly but whatever. The two hours or so was definitely worth it, if it was any shorter it wouldn't have been deep enough to be taken seriously.

Hugo Weaving... had like 10 lines, maybe. And his voice was highly modified to sound evil/electronic/huge, it felt like anybody could've done it. IMO they should've used the predacon Megatron's VA, he had a way more character.

I'm glad they didn't use Frank Welker though. Maybe this is sacrilege but imo the original Megatron sounded like a friggin' gremlin... he reminded me of the original voice of Vegeta, just super raspy and nasal. Trying too hard to be evil. The Beast Wars Megatron on the other hand gave off this aura of power, confidence and intelligence. They should've used him and given him more lines... but they ARE entirely different characters, after all.

The whole NBE-1 Arctic crash thing reminded me of Evangelion for some reason.

Best answers
Hugo Weaving... had like 10 lines, maybe. And his voice was highly modified to sound evil/electronic/huge, it felt like anybody could've done it. IMO they should've used the predacon Megatron's VA, he had a way more character.
I agree, David Kaye did some great work as Megatron, I still love Frank Welker's classic since I grew up with it, but Beast Wars Megs just had more personality.

David Kaye is actually set to voice Optimus Prime in the new Transformers cartoon, should be interesting, he's a talented guy.

As for the movie Megatron, I was hoping it would sound a little like agent smith :p

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Just saw the movie, it was badass, even though transformers was still before my time as new, I still had all the toys, VHS tapes, and watched the reruns to be versed in it enough to call it a part of my childhood.

****ing A that movie was great.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never seen a movie topic on this forum where more than 90% of the members enjoyed the movie :O! I'm glad that this movie did great, since this was the highest anticipated movie for me this year, just beating Spiderman 2.

Now I predict this: Number 2. Publicly, will do better. Most people will love it, though there will be some that preferred the 1st, but still liked the 2nd. And of course, as always, no matter how great 3 is (if there is one), people will complain about it.

Personally, I don't think most part 3s of trilogies are as bad as people make them at to be. I just think they get bored of it.

Best answers
Personally, I don't think most part 3s of trilogies are as bad as people make them at to be. I just think they get bored of it.
Shrek 3 was, If didn't catch a lift in with friends I would of walked out of that movie and gone home.

It was probably the worst movie of the year so far, I can't believe the script was put into production.

As for the Transformers movies, I'm hoping for some more fan-service (Dinobots, Contsructicons etc) and there had better be some classic rebellion by Starscream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom