MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE! (Transformers bishes!)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy ****, was that movie awesome.

It was everything I hoped it to be... explosions, big robots, and plenty of Optimus Prime kicking ass. I think I'm still too blown away to make any coherent comments, so I'll do that tomorrow.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy ****, was that movie awesome.

It was everything I hoped it to be... explosions, big robots, and plenty of Optimus Prime kicking ass. I think I'm still too blown away to make any coherent comments, so I'll do that tomorrow.
early premiere?

my friend went to it, i'm super jealous. I WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE, it looks soo great.

And Shia LeBouf has to be one of my favorite actors.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Without a spoilers warning tag, spoilers are a huge no-no!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spoiler tags + whiting out text = stoopid. Just white the damn text, they can read it at their own uh... risk. Like this: SPOILER: Optimus Prime absolutely owned with that sword. See? Nobody was hurt.
early premiere?
Its the only way I'll see movies. Seems most movies these days are either worth lining up for, or not even worth paying for...

Best answers
um dnt mean to be ignorant but (reply to spoiler):What sword?

i saw it the day after i saw gnr so i was on a really good buzz

and amazingly hungover

i thought it was the best tv to movie um.... movie? ive ever seen

Best answers
I saw it on Friday, last week, and that wasn't even the premiere here.
(Australia bishes! :p)

Me and some friends lined up the G1 dvd box set, the Original Movie, and Beast wars to watch beforehand, didn't make it through as much as I had hoped (I needed to educate my friends) but nonetheless they appreciated the movie more because of it.

Anyway, now the the movie itself.

I tried to hate it because of Michael Bay's criminal record (Pearl harbor, Armageddon), the various changes (Bumblebee the mute camero), the fact that the autobots are a huge GMC commercial and Optimus' blue and red flame motif. (Not to mention Megatron the alien jet)

But Peter Cullen's Optimus Prime really sold it for me, his speech at the end gave me goosebumps, I felt the character designs weren't great, mainly due to how similar they all looked in robot form due to superfluous graphical flourishes that to me seemed like an attempt to cover up poor design work.

However, being the TF fanboy I am, I tried to seethe over all the changes, but In the end loved the film as a whole.

8.5/10 from me, I'm going to see it again with family in the next few days.

P.S the video game had Frank Welker's Megatron!, it baffles me as to why they felt the movie shouldn't have him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spoiler tags + whiting out text = stoopid. Just white the damn text, they can read it at their own uh... risk. Like this: SPOILER: Optimus Prime absolutely owned with that sword. See? Nobody was hurt.

Its the only way I'll see movies. Seems most movies these days are either worth lining up for, or not even worth paying for...
All I'm asking for... just a little prescience before posting about the film... Specifically since, for once, I'd rathe rnot have a film spoiled for me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arthos, then don't quote any spoilers, since white text does show up in quote blocks. It would've been better if these forums had a spoiler tag. Anyway, movie premieres tomorrow in Holland I think, so I have to wait one more day.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was ****ing awesome.

Optimus Prime kicked ass. The way he (spoiler)messed up Bonecrusher's face with his sword had me thinking "YES"

The transforming animations were fantastic, especially Star Scream's jet fight. The last movie within the past 10 years that I saw twice was 300. I would see this again.

I really want an Optimus Prime/Jazz toy now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, the ESF members with standards as high as the Moon like this movie? Jesus, then I HAVE to see it if it's THAT good XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got a boner from seeing this movie...All I need to say.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally loved Armageddon, so the fact that this movie was directed by Michael Bay made me want to see it more.

Best answers
8.5/10 from me, I'm going to see it again with family in the next few days.
Wow, you usually have a horrible negative opinion on everything

Now I feel I have to see this movie even though I'm not a fan of transformers in the least bit.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
HAHAHA, Now THIS is the level of movie entertainment IDE BRING TO Theatrics if I were @ that skill level of production, luckily I'll be there KINDA soon ^^.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Now I feel I have to see this movie even though I'm not a fan of transformers in the least bit.
My sentiments exactly :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, here we go.

Some spoilers:

The good:

- Awesome special effects. The transformations and the robots looked awesome.
- Meagan Fox is hot
- Shia Leobuf brought some great comedy to the movie that I really wasnt expecting.
- Bumblebee brought a lot of comedy as well (especially when he kicked ass in the first figth seen)
- Optimus prime has his sword

The bad:

- Meagan Fox cant act (but once again, she is hot..)
- The whole cube thing was kinda like.. eh...
- Didnt like the ending much. The second transformers w/ Starscream as the leader of the decepticons will be better I think. Kinda hinted when he flies away unharmed at the end
- How did bumblebee magically becme mute then unmute? o_O?
- The whole sector 7 didnt make sense. It was just kinda thrown in there
- wtf happened to the x-box and the mountain dew machine?

Overall, the good outweighed the bad. I liked it more then any previous comic book/tv show remake of superheroes (I guess I can put it in that category.. sort of..)

Deff worth seeing, and I might go see it again.

Solid 8/10 from me =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meagan Fox shouldn't be a spoiler...anyone who has google can look up "hot chicks" and probably find her somewhere.

But yes she is freakin hot!

Best answers
No, you're confusing that with the fact I just don't like the same things as you.

I may be more critical than most, but if I don't like something I make an effort to explain why, I've never hated anything for no particular reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom