More stuffs from me - Goku from Freeza saga and other stuff

Best answers
Well I decided not to show my work on this forum anymore coz every time I’m accused for ripping with no right by you know who

Anyway back on topic.

Goku from freeza saga (2nd try at Goku) :

This rige is a wip one, I restarted it.

And I remade completely Tifa’s hair and fixed her face. Still I didn’t had time to remake the skin so 70% of it are plain materials.

And something I did a few weeks ago:

http://gokussj.dbzhood.com/downloads/temple.jpg
http://gokussj.dbzhood.com/downloads/building1.jpg
http://gokussj.dbzhood.com/downloads/building2.jpg
http://gokussj.dbzhood.com/downloads/canton.jpg

Well going to continue the Goku rigge this week and maybe start Android 18
I think davidskiwan did a kick ass ref of her, if anybody has it please post it here
Thanks in return going to make a perfect match of it

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I decided not to show my work on this forum anymore
Then... why are you showing your work? or isn't that your work?

I'm confused.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, your face is still too pointy from the front,

her nose is WAYYYY too long

and her mouth just looks plain wrong, looks like someone taped the sides of her mouth up to force her into smiling o_O (some of this is probabaly due to the pointyness of the face I mentioned above)

the body is proportioned very well, just a few areas that need some attention.

the shoulders namely, right now it looks like someone dislocated both her shoulders and they are just dangling there. try to wrk in a little bit more of an armpit shape to remedy this problem.

i cant say how well you modelled the chest, as i cannot see it from all angles in that shot, but if the front skin is any indication. it looks like you made her jacket too loose around the bottom of the breasts, the jacket needs to "hug" the bottom of the tatas, especially on a character as "blessed" as tifa.

the hands look for lack of a better word, monstrous.
relax the position of her fingers somewhat. Hold your hand perfectly still in front of you. dont force your fingers straight, let them curl in a bit. model the hands like that. It looks much better than the "hand squashed flat by an elephant" look you have going right now. (unless you are building around a skeleton that requires them to be straight that is)

the feet seem to be a tad heavy on polys as well, but from the looks of things you meshsmoothed her. so i cant tell for sure. looks like you put a row of polys along the top of the shoeflap thingy. which IMO isnt really necessary.

and i dunno wtf that is wrapped around her waist, ive seen advent children at least and i can tell you that WHATEVER it is. it doesnt hig the hips enough. it looks as if its about to fall off of her. i dont recall her having anything that loose fitting around the waist.

alsoi the legs look off for some reason, i cant pinpoint why. but there is something pestering me about them.

i do give you props on the hair though, that part looks great

and if you wonder why people give you a hard time,

lets just say that the stuff you were posting was a tad beyond your skill level. leading many people to believe you ripped them. (and I believe the verdict is still out on that one)

and lets not forget this thread, http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=59636 , many people in this section after reading your post there started to get the impression that you werent exactly "Mr. Perfect".

dont blame US for being a little rough on you, remember this

you started it =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tife doesnt loks very nice but goku looks quite decent just the skin looks blury and some small accuratcity mistakes you´ve done aswell, but the only thing i dont like <_< why do u use original movie pictures if you could model the envoirment yourself!?

man, your good at creating envoirments, so why not step it up?
though keep it all up ;)

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see you improved Goku's proportions a little which looks better =]

I think the face are weird though, the mouth makes him look retarded lol
If you want a drawover let me know :smile:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The buildings are great. But i dont see the Goku or Tifa pic :(

Best answers
To be honest I didn’t knew that, that topic was reviled. I deleted it coz I knew I was wrong and coz I knew it it will turn into a flame war coz you will not understand my sentence modeling is way to easy comparing with mapping. Dealing it for 7 years with brushing additive and substract (in this case Boolean from 3dsm) made me say that…now with max is a bit like a playing. But yes is 10 time harder to map inside max due to the graphic or extend to object (mapping aka positioning right the objects, strategy etc)...

Somebody seams that revived it. But now I read it, thanks for the replies too.

@ Nutzzy

Regarding the face see this:

If you think is still wrong then a draw over will be appreciated

And yes something is now right with the shoulders, I think the ref was wrong. I will try to fix them later.

@ TryForce

thanks but I think it looks better then in my environments

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Humm I can feel you are skipping my crits XD
If I said something that offended you by anyway, I'm sorry I didnt mean to =/ I noticed my post was a little mean over at the Zeq2 forums but all I was trying to do is help you out... =l

Best answers
That goku model looks pretty sweet, i like the skin and the model looks nice gj.

Best answers
Humm I can feel you are skipping my crits XD
If I said something that offended you by anyway, I'm sorry I didnt mean to =/
I'm not that kind of guy to upset so easily. I thought your talking about the Tifa model not Goku. The mouth looks a bit weird coz of the white teeth’s.

Here is a 100% self illumination perfect front pic. If you find something wrong with it a draw over will be appreciated. Anyway this is the 3rd time I’m working at the rige and now turned really good so I won’t add or remove any vertex only move if necessary.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh lol =P
Anyway here's the drawover:

Small fix, all you need to do is raise the mouth, nose and chin a little higher, that'll fix the problem of the 'long jaw' look.

A few more things that I think you can improve is the jaw actual shape, you can look at the drawover how I think it should look.
In addition to that you can also make the pupils longer, right now they are kind of nerrow and too close to each other, it's up to you though.

Nice stuff over all man =] hope I could help.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhm the head of Tifa without hair is pretty round, also if you see the cheeks go more off, in your work the head is very tall and the cheeks are straight to the line of the chin.

Best answers
That's a Great Goku... duuh... that's all i wanted to say? ._. Ugh ><

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tbh in the second picture you just adjusted the skin to be blue instead of orange :S not realy lookin like the shirt he had then

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol just look at the ref you posted yourself..
the AC tifa seems to have more cheeck volume and a wider nose bridge

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku[SSJ] said:
I'm not that kind of guy to upset so easily. I thought your talking about the Tifa model not Goku. The mouth looks a bit weird coz of the white teeth’s.

Here is a 100% self illumination perfect front pic. If you find something wrong with it a draw over will be appreciated. Anyway this is the 3rd time I’m working at the rige and now turned really good so I won’t add or remove any vertex only move if necessary.

I don't know what your goal was in making black lines to define the muscles... It just looks like someone took black marker and went to town. I think if you want to give it more of a 3D feel, you should try shading, it helps alot. I know modeling and skinning may seem 'too easy' for you, but if you want to try and get better you should try reading some tuts or use some of the other skilled modelers and texture artists' skins as guides.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just look at the tifa picture you posted yourself to compare, and all of my crits about the face are validated.

the way you built the face is what gives it this appearance. EVEN if it did match up to the ref it would still look borked in the perspective view.

picture your head from the top, now imagine that this symbol is it.

O), the ) being the "plane" that the face is built from. this is how its supposed to be.

yours however is like this O>, which will make anything and everything along the middle of the face appear distorted.

now to rip apart the gokus XD, (the images werent showing when I made my initial post).

the model itself doesnt appear to be so bad, but you have a few issues you need to take care of.

the hands, you give him little kid hands, scale them up a tad.

and you did the same thing to his face as you did tifas. =\

and the skin, if you are going for a celshaded skin. look at some pictures of goku taken from an actual episode and try to recreate what you see. dont just roughly draw in the details and then call it easy >_>

like the previous guy said
It just looks like someone took black marker and went to town

anywhoo, to give you some more insight to where I, MYSELF am coming from. Ill tell you some more about my history in game development.

i mapped before i modelled, i mapped for unreal tournament for awhile, and then again for the red faction engine (making all sorts of fun maps that made use of the geo-mod feature =P), and it was easy as pie.

(the only reason I dont still map is because valve hammer is a pain in the ass to setup)

To see someone say mapping is harder than modelling is complete blasphemy. And i can say that because I have indeed tried both.
Especially when the work being posted claiming that is "so easy" has as many flaws as it does, its a completely uneducated statement.

you would find that modelling/skinning is alot harder when you actually try to do it properly =\.

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
[Quarrel]
We're all only human. Let bygones be bygones, eh?

[Subject - Goku]
Lower the chin starting position. Black lines are how the series does define flesh. Baked shading doesn't naturally/commonly occur in DBZ. The lackluster of the model are the cel-shadows, which are presumably missing in lieu of code handling. If you want the real effect of "Namek Saga" Goku, I suggest a style revision on the muscle details of the arms. Namek Saga Goku didn't particularlly have well defined muscles -- rather opting for the overall chubby, less defined appearence.

Best answers
thanks for the draw over man, I will make sure to put a good use to it
hope to not mess up the rige

edit

SV I must say that your draw over really helped me out. A few riggi poses to understand why:

Best answers
Goku[SSJ] said:
Well going to continue the Goku rigge this week and maybe start Android 18
I think davidskiwan did a kick ass ref of her, if anybody has it please post it here
Thanks in return going to make a perfect match of it
If you are gonna make an 18 that's looks nearly as good as your Goku, i want your babies..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom