More Square Enix goodness for PSP!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=70485
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=70456

Those threads both discuss new games coming to the PSP from Square Enix. Top thread for Star Ocean, bottom thread for FFVII Crisis Core. But there is another game coming from Square Enix. A Japanese mobile-only game Final Fantasy Before Crisis will now also be made for the PSP. Here is an entire list of Final Fantasy games that Square Enix announced:

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5612&Itemid=2

Damn, they have a lot of work to do.

Best answers
****en hell, bleeding the game dry or what ? I mean I know that FF7 has a complex and interesting storyline but surely 2 prequel games, a film and a game set after the events of the film is going a bit far for a game made about 5 years ago

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
What about movies and prequels of FF8!? Its the best game in the series!!!

"Final Fantasy VII (ファイナルファンタジーVII, Fainaru Fantajī Sebun?) is a console and computer role-playing game developed and published by Square Co. (now Square Enix), and the seventh installment in the Final Fantasy video game series. It was released in 1997 and is the first numbered Final Fantasy game for the Sony PlayStation video game console and Microsoft Windows-based personal computers; it is also the first to use 3D computer graphics[2] featuring fully rendered characters on pre-rendered backgrounds."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII

Try 10 years :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF7 is considered the most popular game of them all.

They are not actually bleeding the game dry, they are just giving more and more background information.

- Before Crisis gives background information on the Turks.
- Crisis Core gives background information on Zack and the time just before FFVII.
- Then the original FFVII takes place.
- Then you get the movie which takes place 2 years after.
- Dirge of Cerebus gives background information on the life of Vincent after the movie.

And personally I like the Compilation idea.

Best answers
It's more the fact that what they're bleeding dry won't actually be any good, if it was worth while then I would support it but from Square enix's current ability to produce games I very much doubt it'll be worth all the hype it has (again, FF 12 and FF X - 2 are prime examples)

plus one of the best things about Final Fantasies is that the story lines don't get repetitive because they never kill the story line to death no matter how good it was I mean why has Square enix decided to try and make all these remakes now when Square Soft wouldn't? because square soft knew how to make good games and keep making them, the new square enix doesn't

@Pemalite: sorry for getting my facts wrong, I should really know the time FF7 was released like it was my birthday, such good memories playing that game that it makes it feel like it was only yesterday :p

@Sicron:

Turks = bad always have been

Zack = Cloud

movie answered nothing and gave us nothing new to ask, It looked great and had a great fighting scene between Cloud and Sephiroth but little in the way of a story

I don't know what the point of the ps2 game was, I might actually buy it just to see

but from that I've pretty much answered all that is going to happen and what is going to be reviled in these games, it's nothing new to anyone who has played the main game already

Best answers
Turks = bad always have been
Turks is one of the coolest organizations in FFVII universe IMO(Well there wasnt that many organizations anyway...).
Zack = Cloud
Theres so many things that are wrong with that statement. Only things the two really share is that Cloud takes Zacks sword (and clothes :O )when Zack dies. They have totally different personality, past and problems...

Best answers
Turks is one of the coolest organizations in FFVII universe IMO(Well there wasnt that many organizations anyway...).

Theres so many things that are wrong with that statement. Only things the two really share is that Cloud takes Zacks sword (and clothes :O )when Zack dies. They have totally different personality, past and problems...
not so, Cloud convinces himself that he is infact Zack E.g he thinks he reached soldier first class, takes his clothes and anything else that links himself to being Zack

while they do have a different past and problems, they are very similar and Zack is what Cloud always wanted/pretended to be

He becomes Zack in order to wipe away his own memory and it's only until he notices that he was a clone of Sephiroth when Sephiroth is able to control him and Tina tells him about how she found him in a complete mess at the station

and when I said the Turks were bad I meant that they were evil/murdering group of people, I didn't mean bad as in they were a bad idea, they were really cool and gave alot of good comic value to the game

Best answers
and when I said the Turks were bad I meant that they were evil/murdering group of people, I didn't mean bad as in they were a bad idea, they were really cool and gave alot of good comic value to the game
No they werent, Turks always tried to execute the orders they got in peaceful manner as possible. They never really wanted to kill anyone.
As a example is the short anime clip Last Order where they got the order to capture or terminate their target(Zack and Cloud) but they choose to try bringing them alive, even though they could have nailed them right there on their tracks.

Turks werent evil, the higher-ups giving the orders to them were.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Turks were a neutral organization, they only did bad things because Heidegger & Co. gave them the order to.

Zack and Cloud are two whole different things. Cloud's memories from Zack don't go before the two met in SOLDIER. The rest of the memories Cloud has, are his own. Crisis Core is about the time before Zack even met with Cloud, and fought alongside Sephiroth and Angeal. Plus, you get to see/play parts with Cloud before he got all ****ed up. That's a whole different part of the story you never even saw. They are not milking the entire story, they are actually adding to it.

On a side note: Rude is the win!

Best answers
What a huge amount of trash. Square Enix games are losing their touch imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom