MORE Server Questions!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Just upgrade to a dual core CPU, and then buy another stick of RAM if you really think it'll help. That's what I'd do if it were my server.
I don't really call that "specifically" of what you said.

Best answers
Thanks Sky. Yer I figured ESF might take a lot of RAM.

But have you ever expeirenced a time where people were spamming beams and caused huge explosions, then the server crashed??

I'll definatly increase the RAM. Cheers Sky.

-Guzzie

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you for the thank you, seeing as I told you that already. Oh wait, you were ignoring me then, weren't you? I see, selective advice taking. Brilliant and retarded at the same time. Enjoy the same advice twice, may it serve you twice as well as it would if it were given only once.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Spunky, you were never specific:
Just upgrade to a dual core CPU, and then buy another stick of RAM if you really think it'll help. That's what I'd do if it were my server.
Guzzie might think, what is a duel core? and how much RAM should that "another stick" be? Even though you gave the answer, please be a little more specific the next time. Something that Guzzie understands. Not everyone is a computer wiz here you know.

As for your question, might be a few time but I don't think because the explosions. Because my time limit only has been set to about 55min, they barely have the chance to get a high powerlevel to beam spam up the place. Unless the player is really really good. Besides, beam spamming is against the rules, so anyone doing so will be kicked / banned from the server. This way, if the beam explosions might crash the server, it'll decrease the chance.

But you have to try it all out yourself, crashes always happens. You can't really stop them.

Best answers
Ahh, yer makes sense.

Lmfao, you are truly right there. The thing is, a reason why so many people stop playing ESF before they actually realise how good it is , is because by the time they've connected to the server...they're pretty much already dead. 1337 pros owning the crap out of newbs really sets em off, and drops the community down.

I have sworn to stop that...and if theres one thing I know a newb likes...its BEAM BATTELZZ!! They really cant get enough of standing on top of esf_battlearena and throwing Sprit Bombs, Kamehameha Waves & Special Beam Cannons. Heck, I just spectate >_< and watch em go!!

After a while they tend to get the hang of melee. But through the sacrifices of constant server crashing

Thanks again Sky.

-Guzzie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom