More News!

Best answers
Saiyan Knight said:
it wont work for me...... i just hear sounds. can someone help me quick please?
dl that divx thing it reguest? it should work.. and what program u use to play it?

Best answers
realone player but is there a way to make it play with quicktime? if not where do i get divx?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So he made those animations with the new fxsystem? How easy is it to do stuff like that with it?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm certain Joe is gonna make it user friendly and have a gui.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not a rag doll effect i think.. since you can put sort of "waypoints" from what i understand to move one person from point a to point b on the timeline. and u can play a certain animation anytime on the timeline.. so maybe it was the roll animation while krillin was on a moving path from point a to point b.

from the gist of it, it's sort of like you're the director.. you decide when one person moves from a to b, how quickly, what animations to play, effects to do like the blur etc... also you get to control what camera angles to use and what time... sort of like movie making =P

and from joe's dev journal you get to customize how you'd like to see the transformations.. so you can make it all movie like and put all this junk in if it pleases you.. also put camera angles around the player, so when you hit the transform key, its how YOU decide the transformations look like.. although for some people this thing might take a while for people to understand.. might be a lil complicated for some.. i worked in video editing and filming so i think i'm going to have a lot of fun with this when it's out =) good stuff joe

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it's basically just the illusion of animation..Come ot think of it..If someone posted a cintematic-like video on a random anime site and say it is possible to do it in esf (which is technically true), you could defiantly horde in a lot of new commers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When 1.3 comes out we definately need to have a "best animated sequence" contest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O;

Pantsu kudasai!

Schweet clip, too bad it's so short.

At then end, it stops with a shot of Trunks' face right after he cuts up Frieza. At first I thought maybe the movie was incomplete or something. Ah well, it was really spiffy, and I was especially impressed by the double melee attack Frieza performed on Krillin. First he kicks him on the ground, then, right when Krillin recovers, he uppercuts him into the air, followed by a devestating attack from above. Love the shockwave thingies too. The animations looked so smooth. I can't wait to try my hands at this.

ESF Movies, eat your heart out. :yes:

(Too bad Trunks didn't use his Burning Slash, eh?)

Best answers
wow that movie was good id loved it it was great. but please please please tell me those sword animtations for trunks sword were for his basic melee attacks.

Best answers
Is it me or are the aura's missing?
Especially when Trunks transformed
other then that it's looking pretty fly

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't wait to recreate some of the best DBZ moments with this, will it have support for custom models/sprites as well? I know 1.3 models have a new skeleton but do they need special anims or anything to work with the FX system?

EDIT: Will it be a bit like Garry's Mod for HL2 but with more direct control? I couldn't imagine gmod without ragdoll.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I can't wait to recreate some of the best DBZ moments with this, will it have support for custom models/sprites as well? I know 1.3 models have a new skeleton but do they need special anims or anything to work with the FX system?

EDIT: Will it be a bit like Garry's Mod for HL2 but with more direct control? I couldn't imagine gmod without ragdoll.
it's not ragdoll effects >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know, that's why I said without ragdoll effects >_>

Best answers
Then everyone will probably be making "esf cinematics" in singleplayer instead of fighting with online players and I don't think making those cinematics cutscene will be easy too.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It actually looks somewhat simple, if you are making a basic cintematic scene like a renactment of goku's transformation, especially if you have expierince in animating sprites.

*hint for 4th forum competition*

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
It actually looks somewhat simple, if you are making a basic cintematic scene like a renactment of goku's transformation, especially if you have expierince in animating sprites.

*hint for 4th forum competition*
mmm, did i get this right.. after or before release of 1.3? :p just thinging that if they would release that fx cinema thing or whatever before 1.3 so ppl can make some vids for tehh forum competition 4 and gain acces to tehh ultimate üb3r ph33r force pit :p *dreams of force pit and falls of tehh chair*

that way it would be pretty neat :D lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom