Best answers
Well, I got the demo of Milkshape 3d, going to register it when it tells me to, and here's some questions:

(WARNING! This is a dumb question)

How do you save it as a .mdl file in Milkshape?

(warning is over)

Could you guys give me a brief description of skinning and what programs to use, and for that matter, how to skin?

Is there any specifics as to make other ppl view my model if they have it? (i.e. don't just make the model and shape, merge it with a skeleton, skin it, save it as a .mdl file) Anything I am forgetting and what to do about it?

How to make a half life skeleton for a model?

After those questions are awnsered I'll be all set to make a demon model.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What type of skinning do you want to learn Anime/Realistic or what?
JB has a dbz skinning tutorial and its very very good but you need Photoshop 6.0 if you want to skin.
If you want any tutorials a good place to start is http://www.polycount.com
Hope this helps.

BrunO

Best answers
Dont worry it took me a long time to get the hang of it. And i still cant model that good. Lol you should jsut practice everyday. I dont no how people make a model in 10-20 minutes

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't worry, just take a look at my site (http://ssj4vegetto.freeservers.com), and go to the links section. You'll find links to some good tutorial sites in there telling you exactly how to create a model and getting it into HL or a HL-mod.

Best answers
AH MY GOD!!!

k thx. Now I have one more problem, I was fooling around with the clock in my comp, seeing what would happen if I'd turn the clock back and forward, so Milkshape expired. I then registered milkshape, and it said to wait at least 2 minutes to complete the registration process because I registered it after it expired. I waited the 2 minutes, and nothing happened, and it still said my version is expired! And I tried redownloading and installing it, that didn't help. Any ideas?

(note: I already made 4 pairs of legs for my dude and can't save it, grr...)

EDIT: and oh yeah, I already found polycount, they helped me start a model.
EDIT2: Problem solved, I had an outdated version :) Now if my comp would stop freezing up, I could get his ****** legs done!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No ****? I got that problem too! And I have the latest version installed on my comp (v1.5.10). Anyone know how to solve this?

Best answers
E-Mail Mete

E-Mail Mete Ciragan the creator with your registered name and number, he usually gets back to you within 24 hours whenever i have a problem.

Best answers
after I finish the legs of my dude, I'll show him off and you guys can give me tips to help me (porportioning, hands, ect)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom