More ESF Fixes (for the new patch)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
This thread is to post ideas for improvements for 1.3's latest update..

1) Ok the responsiveness of the hits in 1.3 are very off i think this is due to the "Turning Speeds".

Let me explain =O

In esf 1.2 the "angling" turning had it's limit, and they matched the speed of 1.2's swoop allowing responsive/accurate hits. To help you better understand what i mean, When you turn turbo on, it increases the speed you turn times 2.

In 1.3 when things get wierd some times awqward hits happen in situations where i wouldve gotten the hit in 1..... I think to solve the problem i think the "angling/turning" speeds need to be increased to match 1.3's faster speeds.

2) The delay after is back, dunno if it was purposely put there or not =(

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Uh, change your mouse sensitivity..?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You can change the mouse sensitivity but it doesn't change how the "angles turn"....

you can turn your player left and right really fast when you jerk your mouse around but it doesn't affect the angle turns turns that much....

if you wanna know what i mean.. turn tubo on and swoop in 1.3 jerk your mouse insanely you'll see that your swoop trail looks nothing how you moved the mouse

Best answers
Uh,

Angling has to do with your orientation vs the orientation of your opponent...which is completely controlled by...your mouse.

Turn it up insanely high and you'll be able to turn on a dime with minimal effort, you're just going to have to tinker with it until you're happy, its not the team's problem.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think i see what jinx is saying

any of you notice that its easier to hit people while in turbo mode? i think that has something to do with the registration of the turn rather than how fast you actually turn.

not completely sure though, but i think thats what jinx is talking about

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
mh I don't think its any different from 1.2 .. its just that the speeds are higher now so it feels probably a bit unusual

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has nothing to do with the turn. It has to do with what turbo does to the hitboxes.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i think i see what jinx is saying

any of you notice that its easier to hit people while in turbo mode? i think that has something to do with the registration of the turn rather than how fast you actually turn.

not completely sure though, but i think thats what jinx is talking about
Dark at least your picking up on what i mean... Look ill try to explain it better..

When you move your mouse look at your cross hair and then look at your character.. Your player doesn't turn as fast as you move the cross hair....

want a better example?? move your mouse left and right really fast while shooting ki blasts NOTICE your ki blasts will not hit where the crosshair is when you click, instead they will shoot where your player is facing @ the time

so what im sayin is that they should make the crosshair to player response time abit better

mh I don't think its any different from 1.2 .. its just that the speeds are higher now so it feels probably a bit unusual
Ya it's not different from 1.2, but thats the prob :eek:.... the speeds are faster in 1.3.. so the player's response time to the mouse should be abit faster too :eek:

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
funny, when 1.2b came around everyone was complaining about it being to slow and too easy to hit, now 1.3ob is too fast and to hard to maneuver?
Its fine as it is, and its exactly the same as it was always before eversince 1.0b

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well really 1.3 is very easy to maneuver in

it may just be because i wasnt very good back then, but esf 1.0-1.1 seemed WAY harder than 1.3

if anything else we need to find ways to make the game more challenging

Best answers
Like Un-nerfing the movement system maybe?

I like 1.3 speeds, because speed you can adjust to, its not having that same degree of control over your character that makes things harder.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
funny, when 1.2b came around everyone was complaining about it being to slow and too easy to hit, now 1.3ob is too fast and to hard to maneuver?
Its fine as it is, and its exactly the same as it was always before eversince 1.0b
I'm not saying we should increase the mouse-to-player responsiveness so that its very easy to hit...

Im saying they should slightly increase the responsiveness so that the "wierd hits" that happen dont happen...

iono maybe its not the responsivetiming that's causing these "glitchy-like" hits but uh so far it seems to be the problem...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom