More Diablo 3 Rumors

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Q - Medievaldragon: How much of the book is creation of yours, and how involved is Chris Metzen behind the canon storyline of Diablo: The Sin War Trilogy? Do you think the ramifications of this book impact in the storyline of Diablo 3 the game?
A - Knaak: This is a pure collaboration between myself and Chris/Blizzard. All that is written is passed by him and the others there. This will be canon and has adjusted earlier info. The ramifications here will be used for any future project...and I ain't writing for a dead game.

Q - Deathshade|EU: So... Diablo 3?
A - Knaak: I am not writing for a dead world...but a world with dead. nuff said
http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?comments=44415

Best answers
just forget about it and look forward to hellgate london,for now.:S

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They have the resources [Thank you WoW] and those games will sell. It would be absurd if they weren't working on a Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

The only question in my mind is when will it be released.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is not even out yet, you're basing this conclusion from where?

Best answers
It honestly hasn't really pleased my eye based off the trailers.. but its not like anyone has played it.

Best answers
Well lets put it this way, i watched the HD ign insider movie they released about a month ago and hell gate london is DULL!

The bodies fly this is true, but what is the point in having like 10 enemies come at you at once, when you just supernova them? The normal gun attacks are not only stupid looking, but pointless.

Honestly the game interested me at first but now it is just meh.

Best answers
this is the reason, i didnt answer zeronightmares comment... :S

its not the hellgate-london-is-dull-thread, its the More-Diablo-3-Rumors-thread!
so lets get back to topic.
i just wanted to say hellgate london is the next thing b4 diablo 3 is either developed or released, atleast for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DustMan2704 said:
its not the hellgate-london-is-dull-thread, its the More-Diablo-3-Rumors-thread!
so lets get back to topic.
Hey, that's my job :cry:.
Sandstorm said:
It's best not to discuss rumours of games.
Eh, if it feeds my inner demon when it comes to Diablo 3, I'll nibble any bait it provides me X_X.

Best answers
i still remember the thread from some forum could of been this one where blizzard were hiring staff to be designers for diablo 3 on their site

Best answers
Yeah, they are hiring new staff, looking for people with "diablo" experiance or something. Hopefully the rumor is true, they would be dumb not to make a Diablo 3, because millions would buy it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sandstorm said:
A first-person Diablo game with mod-ability would be nice.
Ah, I disagree. Diablo has always and will always be 3rd person! I won't even care if it's still 2d, as they made Diablo 2 look very nice.

Best answers
Mr. Zorg said:
Ah, I disagree. Diablo has always and will always be 3rd person! I won't even care if it's still 2d, as they made Diablo 2 look very nice.
Just like StarCraft has, and always will be an isometric strategy game? I think Ghost just kinda blew that theory away. ;)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That wasn't a true sequel though, it was a spin off. It also failed, whose to say it's not because they tried something radically different [Picturing the Starcraft world in first person].

Best answers
I'd say it's more like it failed because Blizzard entertainment was trying to make a game for a genre they know nothing about.

EDIT-- But then again, the WarCraft franchise was an isometric strategy game prior to World of WarCrap, and WoW is both first and third person, so, like I said, it's not like they don't step into different perspectives and view modes. And it's not difficult to program a first-person game, so, there's no reason Diablo III can't be a first-person/third-person RPG, which empowers people to choose between standard, first, or third person.

EDIT EDIT-- What I'm saying at it's essence is, don't get pissy if they add in first-person options for Diablo III. Not everyone likes to click on something and watch a character walk across the screen to kill it. Some of us like to do the walking ourselves.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not Diablo though. I'm fully expecting them to bring it into a third person view like WoW, but I would personally rather the game stay faithful to it's roots. Either way, I'm sure the game will be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom