More detail to transformations.

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
You all know how transformations looked in DBz. Usually when someone ascended while standing on the ground or close to it, everything would shake and a huge crater would appear under him. I was wondering if maybe you can make a similar effect in ESF 1.3. Something like making a explosion or crack decal appearing under the character and powerup rocks coming out of the ground in the area of the crack. I'm not saying to make the ground actually bend into making a crater cos I know that would take a lot of time. But making a similar effect would make the game feel even more like DBZ. :)

Now with Kung-Fu action!
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as I know, transformation animations are being worked on. What you're suggesting isn't impossible though.

Best answers
im sure that the team will make transformation good to the eyes
:)

ESF Coder
๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
i dont think so.
I am one of the esf coders( and also ECX ). And I must say, that we made many engine hacks to improve esf. And due this hacks it will be really hard for amxx coders to change some things.

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
im sure that the team will make transformation good to the eyes
:)
sucess
i dont think so.
I am one of the esf coders( and also ECX ). And I must say, that we made many engine hacks to improve esf. And due this hacks it will be really hard for amxx coders to change some things.
That's why DBT will fail hard. :smile:

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though you still may be mad that DBT fired you from their team, let's not start addon wars. Thanks.

Back from the shadows
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Even though you still may be mad that DBT fired you from their team, let's not start addon wars. Thanks.
LMAO, Dam you can be an ass sometimes.

@ Greenberet: With all the hacks done to the engine does AMXX still work the way its supposed to?

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Quick question.
Will esf 1.3 at one point have a ECX or Big Pack?
Why do you need tons of character witch most of them do the same thing , same attacks, that's why esf will have custom characters

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Why do you need tons of character witch most of them do the same thing , same attacks, that's why esf will have custom characters
Cos I'm a big Vegeta fan and I would like him to have all the transformations he had in ESF 1.2.3 EXC RC2 + Big Pack in ESF 1.3 ;)

ESF Coder
๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
LMAO, Dam you can be an ass sometimes.

@ Greenberet: With all the hacks done to the engine does AMXX still work the way its supposed to?
Well normal amxx plugins should work like amx_menu, amx_kick, ....
But 3th party developers like dbt will get much problems.

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL, I never were angry on them for firing me. That was a relief actually. I wanted to quit myself because that Zero guy was just killing me.

I was kinda angry because they banned me though I didn't deserve it. And because of the ban I couldn't clear everything up with them. People just suck there.

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
LOL, I never were angry on them for firing me. That was a relief actually. I wanted to quit myself because that Zero guy was just killing me.

I was kinda angry because they banned me though I didn't deserve it. And because of the ban I couldn't clear everything up with them. People just suck there.
Heh! Tell me about it... They didn't give me a suggestion with how to fix a DirectX problem my Half-Life had just cos I didn't had steam. Instead they locked my thread. :(

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh! Tell me about it... They didn't give me a suggestion with how to fix a DirectX problem my Half-Life had just cos I didn't had steam. Instead they locked my thread. :(
You know we dont give support for nonSTEAM users here eather.

We have a no piracy policy. Any errors you get while not using STEAM (and for 1.3 its a must as the game doesnt load without it) are the users own problem.

As for the idea. im not sure about craters but i think dalte can make some nifty effects for the transformations.

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
You know we dont give support for nonSTEAM users here eather.

We have a no piracy policy. Any errors you get while not using STEAM (and for 1.3 its a must as the game doesnt load without it) are the users own problem.

As for the idea. im not sure about craters but i think dalte can make some nifty effects for the transformations.
Well, you could have left the thread open for someone who maybe came up with and idea to fix my problem.
And for the transformation idea... I wasn't suggesting for an actual crater, I was hoping for something similar to this:
a decal and some rocks.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you could have left the thread open for someone who maybe came up with and idea to fix my problem.
And for the transformation idea... I wasn't suggesting for and actual crater, I was hoping for something similar to this
a decal and some rocks.
No support allowed means no support allowed. By anyone. People get warnings for helping others with piracy.

In any case i think there is a way to make it better than the thing in the pic. More 3D like to be exact XD

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
how about... A LOT of 3d... and animated 3d to be even more precise... :)

I think transformations may be worked on last as always because they are heavy on time and need a lot of work. Trans are a quality desired effect and low priority AT THE MOMENT because we still need to develop the rest of the game play. And our new FX Scripter Dalte is doing some crazy insane work that Ive never even seen or heard of before, especially on the HL engine. Lets just say ESF, is the most highest quality HALF LIFE mod that has EVER been created... and yes... Im dead ****in seriour. you have no idea, I think this may even have more quality than HL2.. hahaha. yes, Im serious.

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Right. Let's own the HL2 engine ant its FPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom