• Total voters

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well obviously if I have more money, I can get more things and live a better life. Therefore more money = me being more happy. Of course, I can do just fine without the money, but that's not the question. The question is "If you had more money would you be happier?" And my answer is yes, much happier.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm a money hungry hoe. I'll work over time. I'll do w/e it takes to get more money in my pocket. I've always been greedylike that. Though. This is comming from a guy who's been poor his entire life.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont need "stuff". I get enough of that at Christmas. A year ago at this time I had some $50 in my account, now I have $1000 after tuition. I wouldnt say that Im any happier now than I was then, just a year older and tantilizingly close to being 18.

The more money you have, the more you want it. The more you want it, them more you work for it. And generally, the more you work to acquire more money, the less happy you are. For that reason I never want to be rich, but at the same time I want to be able to live comfortably... its really a trade off.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking and I just realized, if money never existed, and work never happened, where would we be? Everyone would be loafing around, not douing anything. But, actually, money is one of the main prospects in life. I mean you gotta think, if people did stuff without getting anything out of it, they'd msot likely loaf around like an idiot. We would be FAR more primitive then we are today. So money makes you work, and work makes us more advanced, and more advanced makes us happier (easier life-style). So my conclusion is money = teh happy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We are living in a material world, and i am a material girl!

hehehe, in short. i am happy without money, but money helps with the finer comforts which make life that much sweeter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Money isn't much different than having a hammer and using it to build my house (or club someone over the head with). Having the hammer doesn't make me happy or worse off, but the rewards or consequences that come with using it would.

Personally I don't think having lots of money and wanting more of it (just by itself) is a bad thing. Its infinitely abundant to those with the knowledge and inclination to attain it.
Having more money doesn't hurt anyone, nor does using it to buy nice things for yourself hurt anyone. Its like air, there's plenty enough to go around for me not to get annoyed at someone taking a few extra gulps of it a minute.
Having more money also means that you have plenty more options with what you want to do with your time, and puts you in a far better position to help others.

EDIT @Kaination: Some friends and I were talking about that same thing a couple of weeks ago. Money at its root money is simply an incentive.
If money never existed and everybody had everything they ever wanted served to them on a platter, the only thing that would drive people to do anything would be a desire to improve themselves. Kind of like the utopic society in Star Trek.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
We are living in a material world, and i am a material girl!

hehehe, in short. i am happy without money, but money helps with the finer comforts which make life that much sweeter.
Indeed, I wouldn't mind a few more things, but I'm very appreciative of what I currently have.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kind of a silly question, when you think about it. We're all just agreeing with each other, more or less. I mean do you honestly think someone's going to come in here saying "AhhhH I LOVE MONEY. It FULFILLS me. I just love the smell and the look the FEEL oh god, yes, money money money." Yeah right, heh. The Scrooge McDucks of the world tend to gather in other places.

Anyway, cash controls the world around me. Cashmoney flow flow, dollar dollar, get the bill ya'll. And while it can't get you friends/loved ones really, it can get you security. It can get you comfort, and entertainment, and mobility, and health. It can get you all kinds of things. So to denounce money as something evil and unnecessary, well... at the moment, for most people, it's quite necessary. Some people can live with a lesser sense of security/comfort/freedom of action, but that's not most people. And so we all have to value money, unless you're a buddhist hobo who's perfectly content with life. Just having money won't make you happy, no, but it can definitely add to the experience.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is possible to be happy without money, but in the modern world, it sure as hell makes your life a lot easier if you have it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AhhhH I LOVE MONEY. It FULFILLS me. I just love the smell and the look the FEEL oh god, yes, money money money *snort snort*

does money make one happy? i know, give me a bazillion pounds and let me come back with an opinion later on in life.

Best answers
I personally would have to say "No" on this one. If anyone knew my situation, they'd ask "Why?" but I'm not completely comfortable discussing my situation at this moment. I'll merely say.. money can buy you comfort and "security", yes, but think of this. The more money you have... The more money you spend on security (At least, in the form of people)... The more people you are entrusting your lives to with your money... The greater the risk that one falls prey to greed, as well... (For people with electronic security on their minds, ignore that previous comment). So I say, money, at least in large amounts as I'm assuming the poll is talking about. Does not necessarily bring the same "Secutiry" that Hito and others mention, but merely a false one. For is not the billionaire loathed, by billions? So meditate on this, boys and girls. Is your life really that bad right now that you'd risk jealousy, lothing, or at least the minor inkling of it (as sparked by my post), to intrude in it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if Oprah is a billionaire yet, but I'm fairly certain that there is only a very small percentage of people that hate her for all the money she has, when they consider what she's done with it to help the world.

If the people around me started hating me simply because I was trying to become rich (without considering what I could/am doing with money), then I don't see why I should give a rats arse about them. Some people are too lazy or scared to try getting rich, and they think everyone else should be poor like them.

Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
If the people around me started hating me simply because I was trying to become rich
No, my point was more of people being jealous and trying to get to your money because they are greedy... no matter what you're doing with it

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Money is how half the world goes round, some have more ca$h then others while some have less, and yet have to live in a budget.
this i just have to quote this, do you honestly think that without money we couldnt manage in this world!?

if we didnt have money at all this world would be near perfect, there would be no corruption and our politicians would be looking at whats important for once

Best answers
Money=hot girl=sex=happy=sex=sex=sex= :D :D :tired: SO yeah it should make you happy unless you had to kill someone for it or something but i mean if you got more money with absolutely NO sacrifices who the hell wouldnt be happy?(besides your dog or cat or pet rock)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trunkuza said:
No, my point was more of people being jealous and trying to get to your money because they are greedy... no matter what you're doing with it
Ah, I understand now. Well, usually its only the instant or high profile millionaires that have that problem. Those who gradually build up their money (I'd expect) don't have that problem as no one knows about them.

I'd expect though that its people who don't have any money themselves that would do that, and that they'd be driven by a mixture of laziness, opportunism, and financial need . . . not necessarily greed . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom