Moment//12

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

^^New lol^^

Critz/comments appreciated..

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like the texture on the grey swirly plain blobby thing. But I like the snow/crystal effect ;)

Retired
Best answers
Blend it in a lot more, now it's just Photoshop and 3dsmax (or any other 3d prog). I can still see a lot of difference between the 2 prog's. if you blend them in more, it would look a lot better I think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really like the white things, other than that it looks good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh I made a new version out of it for fun and to test somthing out..

I like this one much better..

different title though :p

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the first I think the swirls around the center object draw away from the nice snow effect and the center object. The second is nicer because of the simple blending of the blue and the snow effect comes across stronger but imo its a little to busy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like them both, the first more. the first has a good balance of 3d and 2d and I think its nice the way it is. The second is good but the 2d seems o cluttere the piece up but belive it or not imp fits the title perfectly.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The second one definately has more feeling w/ the colour, but I feel it's too busy and bothersome on the eyes, and not enough contrast.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The font doesn't seem to fit on the second 1,but I like it better because of the colour And added airbrush stuff.

Best answers
As a pure abstraction I don't think it's that compelling really. As a techinical exercise I think you did good, as a stepping stone to something better. I don't really have a hand for all the 3d stuff. I am constantly asking: why? There doesn't seem to be anything deliberate to it. It's as though the whole thing sort of happened by itself without a unifying idea. I am aware that there's an entire artform based on accidental abstraction, but in that case chance and chaos are the unifying ideas. It still feels incomplete or unguided to me. I think, really, what it lacks is meaning. It needs to say something to us and to you. You need to be able to take something away from it.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blue tends to get me biased in such situations >=) - I like that a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom