Molyneux wants Episode 3 too!

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Apparently, even other game developers want Half-Life Episode 3. Testament to Valve's awesomeness.

[video=youtube;zWdh8W8Igyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWdh8W8Igyo[/video]

That was cute.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saw it on Kotaku, it's pretty cool. To be honest, I never understood all the hatred for Peter Molyneux. Sure, he promises a bit more than he can deliver but his intentions are good and he's in my opinion, one of the top designers in the industry. I've always liked his games.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well after watching this video, I can do not by hate him only more. He's doing this for publicity, and it's a shameful way to do so. Also, he doesn't just "promise" more than he can deliver, he states it is "The single most advanced RPG ever created" or that his games will revolutionize the way games are played...

He also discounts bad reviews as "rubbish and didn't know what they were talking about."

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who gave Fable 2 a bad review?

I remember the fiasco with Fable 1 being that the multiple choices weren't that deep, but I thought the game was amazing for it's time anyway.

Fable 3, should hopefully deliver on all of Molyneux's promises.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, cute :p But seriously. Hurry the ABCABCABCABC up XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He also discounts bad reviews as "rubbish and didn't know what they were talking about."
You mean to tell me you've never felt that way about a bad review of a game you like? Imagine creating a game with a massive budget, pouring all of your ideas and hard work into it, only for people to say it wasn't what you promised. What a useless statement that is. I think most of the time, when developers promise the next stage in the evolution of videogames, they're describing their own feelings about what they're working on rather than what the gameplay itself offers to players. It might be revolutionary, it might not be. It doesn't have to be revolutionary to be great. While I don't consider myself a fan of Molyneux (in fact, I've only played the original Fable and the Black & White series, and wasn't crazy about the latter), I do feel that he's at least passionate about what he does. A lot of these interpreted "promises" probably stem from his enthusiasm for creation during interviews.

I think he has to respect other developers as well, having a child who obviously loves videogames. When I watched the video, I didn't feel it was just a plug for Fable 3 at all. I interpreted it mostly as a salute to Valve.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean to tell me you've never felt that way about a bad review of a game you like? Imagine creating a game with a massive budget, pouring all of your ideas and hard work into it, only for people to say it wasn't what you promised. What a useless statement that is. I think most of the time, when developers promise the next stage in the evolution of videogames, they're describing their own feelings about what they're working on rather than what the gameplay itself offers to players. It might be revolutionary, it might not be. It doesn't have to be revolutionary to be great. While I don't consider myself a fan of Molyneux (in fact, I've only played the original Fable and the Black & White series, and wasn't crazy about the latter), I do feel that he's at least passionate about what he does. A lot of these interpreted "promises" probably stem from his enthusiasm for creation during interviews.

I think he has to respect other developers as well, having a child who obviously loves videogames. When I watched the video, I didn't feel it was just a plug for Fable 3 at all. I interpreted it mostly as a salute to Valve.
My sentiments exactly.

Come on, what is he publicizing, his son? 50% Gamers probably don't even know who he is. The only one getting shown of is Valve.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I cannot find a bad review for Fable 1 or 2... just seems like someone was nitpicking Molyneux's words and he snapped back with no regrets, as usual.

I believe there is a chance that Half-Life 3 will be teased at E3 or PAX next year, now that Portal 2 is close to release.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half Life 3?

Shouldn't we be talking about Episode 3 first? :p

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Am sure thats what he means. Just saying Episode 3 would confuse a lot of non-Halflife players and saying the whole thing would take too long.

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the smiley there!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Non-Half Life players should be confused by "Episode 3" because that's their punishment for not playing the series.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That kid should take his dad out and take over. He'd make Fable 3 so much more epic.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can i has a blue one? Kaythxbye

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom