Molecular building

Best answers
Hello, does anybody know a good program to use online that helps you build molecules. I need a program that gives u the material u need to build Molecules. Anybody has any intresting programs or links? Thank you for your time.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Building molecules with a program?

If anything try searching with:
Google.com
Yahoo.com
AskJeeves.com
Download.com
Tucows.com

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Engines of Creation!?

You mean like... some kind of biology program to show the structure of molecules? I haven't heard of anything like that, myself. If that isn't so, could you please elaborate?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Microsost Visual C++ Version 6.0 (When you get it, code away and make the molecule program :O)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, I forgot to say MSVC++ is about $600-$700.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dReAm KiLlEr said:
Microsost Visual C++ Version 6.0 (When you get it, code away and make the molecule program :O)
Code:
#include <iostream>
#include "esf_forums.h"

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
    ESF_Forums->newPost<<"Why would you suggest that? o_O \n";
    return 0;

//COMMENT FTW
}

Best answers
actually, were beginning to build molecules, and we have done it for a week, and tomorro, we have a test, so i thought it would be nice to get some practice online... thanks for the help

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your actually building molecules? as in, real, biological gene splicing kinda stuff?

or are you studying how its done?

(and yes, i know my description was very very basic, but its 3:30am i just woke up >_>)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
(and yes, i know my description was very very basic, but its 3:30am i just woke up >_>)
Jebus son, you wake up that LATE?

Anyways, isnt molecule thing... scientist ****... like hardcore?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Jebus son, you wake up that LATE?

Anyways, isnt molecule thing... scientist ****... like hardcore?
If it is, then I've really underestimated the mark I got in intro chemistry.

What he's looking for is a program that will show a space-filling representation (or "ball-and-stick" representation) of a molecule. I remember using a program that was simply called "Molecule Viewer" last year in my chem lab. It allowed you to place, in a 2d interface, a set of elements, and then allowed you to place the appropriate single, double, or triple bonds between those atoms. After you did that, it would allow you to see the molecule as it would appear in 3d according to VSEPR theory.

I think the program was made by Vernier software - you may try searching for a molecule builder/viewer made by them. Hope this helps!

EDIT - Unless, of course, he's just talking about ionic and covalent bonding between 2 elements...in which case, I think you'd be better off without a modelling program. Your best bet for practice is just questions out of a text book for that kind of thing - a molecular modelling program would just add unnecessary detail.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, but all i ever did to revise that, was break out the sketch pad =/

in the very worst case scenario, i invaded my mums grapes with some ****tail sticks =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get some ping-pong balls, straws and paint and make it in RL.

OR

Make it with circles and lines in MSPaint, models of molecules don't need to be 3D.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The easiest thing i can think now before i have to go to work is.

Get the Trial Milkshape and creat Spheres and cylinders in it and connect them to an model.
thats pretty easy and 3D

Best answers
Well, I see that most of you are confused on what type of program im looking for... let me get some questions straighted out first...

First and foremost, like again, i want to thank everyone who took the time to search or post some intresting programs..

Second of all, im not an expert scientist lol... im in grade 11 chemistry, and were studying molecules.... for example... building a glucose structure...
Just taking a couple of carbon like pieces, and joining them with bonds, attached to other elements, etc.... Its really simple, and im sure most of you have done it in high school... i find it kinda fun.... Anyway, I just had the test today... we were asked to build a bunch of molecules(like fat, fatty acid, protein internal structure... stuff like that... well we got it back and i got 100% :)!!! Thanks for your help again.

Another Edit: I also found another intresting program... check it out if your intrested.... http://www.download.com/Molecule-Constructor/3000-2051_4-10124264.html?tag=lst-0-1

EDIT: Majin_You, thank for the program!!! Its brilliant!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom