Modification Error

Best answers
Whenever I join any server or I try to create a game, I get this message in the game:

"Your system has been modified. Please remove this modification to pay on this server. Code [16]."

Along with that error, I can't move or attack/. Then, after a few moments the game quits.

Originally this problem was also in TFC. So I uninstalled everything Half Life related, then re-installed Halflife, and all necessary HL patches. So now I can play TFC without this error, but it is still there in ESF. I've uninstalled and re-installed ESF at least 3 times already, but that message continues to show up. I also even downloaded ESF from a different mirror site and re-installed in, but it still doesn't fix the problem. If you have any possible solutions please reply.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
make sure any hacks you have aer disabled, make suer Half-Life is updated to 1.1.1.0, or if you have CS retail, update it to version 1.5, if you already haev that, report again and I'll see what I can do for ya.

Best answers
It is v 1.1.1.0, and I havn't re-installed Counter Strike yet (I have the free version), and I don't use any hacks. Aha! I thought about how you mention hacks, and I do use Cheating Death, and anti-hack program, for Natural Selection. So after I thought about that, I turned off CD, then I entered a game and viola! I never thought CD could interfere negatively. Thanx very much, now I can actually play the game. =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom