Modern Warfare 2 on PC = ****ed

Discord Member
Best answers
And no more private servers(cracked servers)..thats what they want the most :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guarantee it'll get cracked. Don't worry so much.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously, you can't stop piracy. Certainly not this way. But you can annoy your customers. This is just bull****, how can clans survive like this? What will you do when all servers are full? Will all servers be monitered by IW moderators? What will you do with annoying spammers?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why they want to do all that **** is beyond me. Seriously. No mods, no dedicated servers, crappy matchmaking system. Mods and dedicated servers are exactly what sets PC's apart from the consoles. IW are digging their own grave.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just like they said Eve online could have private servers. There are a few out there. :)

Let alone Blizzard tried their damnedest to make it so no WoW Private servers.

MW2 will have something up.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's an update:

Though Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 maker Infinity Ward recently told us that "PC [multiplayer] will be the same as it always was," the company has now revealed that the war-torn shooter will not make use of community-run dedicated servers.

"We've been building up this system on the backend called IW Net, to allow matchmaking for our PC users just like you have on the console," Infinity Ward community manager Robert 'fourzerotwo' Bowling explained on podcast BASH 123.

"You're completely reliant on IW Net and there's no dedicated servers or server list. You rely on IW Net for your matchmaking and finding games, but then you also have the private match, much like the other platforms, where you can go in and...customize the game rules, all via private match, and invite people to the server that way."

Bowling added: "The mentality is making it much more accessible to the PC community as a whole and making it where it's a lot less cost burden for our community members."

He also noted that the PC version will make use of some integrated Steam functionality, such as Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) technology, but offered few specifics beyond clarification that "our matchmaking is not through Steam."

While Bowling says Infinity Ward is trying "looking at ways we can improve the multiplayer game on PC and make it easier for everybody," the community is not happy.

"The silence that you hear is because we've got a community right now that is structured in such a way that relied on having dedicated servers," said one of the podcast hosts. Others expressed concern regarding latency, as games will now be hosted on home internet connections and machines instead, as well as the fate of mod support.

An online petition demanding dedicated servers popped up shortly thereafter, and currently has over 100,000 signatures. Bowling later told Appetite2Kill admin Peeter that "the response will not be ignored. I'll ensure everyone at IW sees the petitions."

"Hardcore PC players lose very little to this change relative to the returns that casual to moderate fans will see," wrote Game Informer after speaking to Infinity Ward.

"Clans can set up private matches to do their training or what have you; all they lose is the ability to customize the game on a deeper level with mods and such. Infinity Ward sees the addition of solid matchmaking and community support like IW-run tournaments to the PC as a huge win, and not something that could be done under the old system."

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 hits PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on November 10. Expect to hear more on the game and its integrated Steam functionality before then.
Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/60933

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How does not allow community dedicated servers make it easier for all of us? It makes it easier for those that want to maintain a server; because they can't anymore.

For the rest of us, we still need to press the "Servers" button like before, and then we get thrown into a matchmaking process similair to the consoles one...which doesn't work. I with my rank 1, still get thrown in servers with people who have rank 55x10. Where's the matchmaking? And on the other hand, I with my rank 30, get thrown into servers with people with rank 1. Whom walk around like a clown with a freakin' "KICK ME!" sign attached to their backs.

Someone headshot this guy, Bowling. Or at least throw a brick at his head. Real hard.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A petition?

Where do i sign?

Seriously. What about the good old "I want to play on this server cause i know no morons join" reason for dedicated servers.

Somehow getting thrown into a server at random to play with random people is a bad thing especially in games that depend on team functuality as a skill. So its either this or a listen server that can only be joined by the people you specify >.>

Have they lost their minds?

Im all for having a rank and have certain servers dissable joining of high ranks but this is redicolous >.<

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Modders for the win?

MTV Multiplayer blog is reporting that modders have unlocked the ability to host dedicated servers in the PC version of Modern Warfare 2. The trick was accomplished by coders unlocking the developer console, allowing them to created ranked, "legal" dedicated servers.

According to a video on Destructoid, modders have already busied themselves, customizing the game's rule-sets to include options like infinite ammo, increased rate of fire, speed and gravity tweaks, and just about anything that you'd expect in an FPS mod. Infinity Ward and Activision have yet to issue a statement regarding the modders.

This news comes after weeks of boycotts and controversy for Infinity Ward's decision to axe dedicated servers in the PC version.
Source: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/call-of-duty-6/1045903p1.html

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IW and Activision should let them be, if they start to ***** at this, they can both die.

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Lol well just stop anyone from playing online and it will soon be changed.
But nobody will and that's why this might never be changed :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does anyone here have MW2 on Xbox 360? I'm looking for someone to play Spec Ops with, would rather not have some random nub. :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Downloading now, already at 20%. Damn, that's a fast server! WarezParadise is awesome!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This forum gets more awesome by the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom