Models shrunk.

Best answers
From what I remember, models from 1.0 to 1.1 were shrunk, but I never found out why.. From what I see, it messes up clipping and complicates maps.

Was it to make the maps seem bigger?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes it was to make maps bigger since it would be hard tp play in a normal HL ap whit a full sized Goku just think what it would be like

:laff: EVERY SECOND KHH WOULD KILL YOU CAUSE OF THE LACK OF ROOM :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
shrinking models by 1/4th makes all the map sizes 4 times larger

it doesnt mess up clipping asuming the mapper is making the map for esf import a hl map or cs map and it wont be right cause differnt sizes for the players

also 1.0 was where the model shrinking took place fyi

Best answers
It's no problem, as long as the maps are made to suit, but... it's so hard to see the models well, if it weren't for the arrow indicators above the models, it would be like tracking fleas.

Best answers
... What... what models are smaller? i dont even understand what yall are talking bout.. explain?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the ESF models are 4 times smaller then the normal HL models

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so when u use the full size of a map in hl it creates the illusion of being 4 times as large

when infact its a normal sized map and its the players that are small

think of the rats map if the player was to scale with the map would be a small cramped space but when u shrink them down it looks so much larger

Best answers
Well y'see, they made the player models smaller, to make the maps larger. Or at least, seem that way.

They did it on 1.0, it seems, and they've been smaller since.

The end result is... well thaere are several results. One, is that maps seem immensly huge. 4 times so, as been said. Another result is that maps need to be specifically tailored to ESF. If not, the models seem to float a few feet off the ground. ...Load a regular half-life map in ESF, and you'll see what I mean. Another result is that models also rapidly shrink with distance, due to the change in size and perspective. So that models are dots in all but the closest distances.
It also gives the models a naturally sharper look, since the textures don't need to be stretched as much.

Best answers
If you want to see the characters better from distance, force antisotrophic filtering if your graphic card can handle it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
posted by Versable
force antisotrophic filtering if your graphic card can handle it
:laff: call me a noob but tell me how to do that :laff:

P.S. i have a geforce 4 can it handle it?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive tryed playing cs using esf modles oh what fun it was *cough,cough* even though the hit boxes are the same you still fell compelled to shoot littlt goku in the head even though in real perspective it was the poor l33t crews balls...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just another question concerning the scaling down thingie.
how much more can u scale down? i personally wouldnt mind if the maps are much much bigger :) there must be a limit to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
technicaly there is no limit to how much u can do it but anything past 4x would look abit strange when u cant see the end of the map

along with that mappers have a bit harder time cause maps have to made so small its impossible to work at that level

and frankly its not worth it for the ammount of effort needed just to have maps so big u cant find people is abit of a waste

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom