Best answers
Well, i found a tutorial, got 3ds max, and started modeling using the Box idea.... you guys will probally laugh at me, and im not here to show me GREAT model...... just to say that the people who atleast make it look like a model, are hard workers, and they got my respect ;D

This is what it looked like with a "head" etc.

and i did some editing, putting sort of a shirt on, looking like goku :D

I Don't need people to comment them, cause i know they look awfull :D

**EDIT**
I see the picture's don't show up, so copy and paste this adresses in ur Internet Explorer (or netscape navigator:D)
http://www.geocities.com/slinger_3213/eerstepopke.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/slinger_3213/eerstepopke2.jpg

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
pictures doesnt work!

Best answers
to be honest that aint that bad for a first try, ive seen worse
just keep trying, you'll get the hang of it

Best answers
good firsst attempt. my first model was made of a sphere and a few cylinders (poly count 1700), I skined it completely black except for the eyes, but it acturaly turned out quite well and my friends now enjoy stick death counter strike. :p

Best answers
damn straight modeling is hard.. i tried after beign all inspired like by one of azn's old models but then i realized JESUS this is hard.. i came up with some ass square with tubes sticking outa it..

i now think of modeling as an art and respect it more than youll ever know :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
am i THE ONLY one that doesnt see the picture?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
:cry: lol, sry :cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yup, modelling is definitely difficult, and it only get's more so as you get more experience because you'll do harder things to challenge youself. But, anyway, I think your model's pretty good. It's better than my first, which turned out pretty ugly

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
indeedy :p cheers big ears taht a great first model.

Best answers
Is 3d max easier to model in then milkshape?

Anyway, great for a first :yes: , i'm still making my first model, i started last summer :\ . It looks more like Krillen then Goku.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Might I suggest this:

http://www.3dtotal.com/

then go to free stuff, and click on tutorials, then scroll down till you see an article on Joan of Arc

There you'll find a box modelling tutorial made with 3dsmax/gmax in mind (well, almost completely 3dsmax)
It's wasn't intended for those who've just started modelling, but the instructions are faily simple to follow and the diagrams will help with whatever confusion you may run upon.
It will take you through the basics, modelling a head, then then the body and even pieces of armor. After that it will teach you how to set them up for uvmapping and also how to rig the character's for animation.

At the very least you'll gain some insight into how models can be made and maybe some inspiration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom