Modeling Competition 6 - You?

Best answers
DESCRIPTION:

This months ESF Competition's subject will be "Model yourself". The idea is to model yourself as a warrior living in the 1st to 19th century (0 - 1800). This can be as a knight, a samurai, pirate etc etc. "However" you have to pick a side meaning your char is either fighting for good or is walking the path of evil. Your character "must" have obvious charasteristics showing the side he's on. (Evil = usually has darker colors, good = usually lighter colors, just a hint....) A hero or villain can't fight without a weapon, so a weapon would be nice. The weapon should be from around the same time as the char, so no samurai's with rifles and pirates with samurai swords.

When I say "Model yourself" I mean model your facial structure and body charasteristics, it doesn't have to be 100% accurate, modeling obvious charasteristics would help, If you have glasses or a mohawk it would make a hell lotta difference.

I'm sure everyone has had an image of themselves as a hero or villain, so this should be a piece of cake for every modeler.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RULES:

- Must be a character from the 1st - 19th century.

- Minimum polycount is 1500, maximum polycount is 4500. I'm giving you a lot of freedom here because I know some people prefer to work with little polies while others prefer it high poly. I'm also doing this because I'd like more people to enter the comp this time.

- UVmaps not bigger then 512x512 and no more then 3 maps (not including a possible fourth uvmap for the weapon)

- You are modeling yourself, not a cartoon. So any cartoonish skins or cellshaded bs won't be appreciated. I suggest you get yourself a good man to do the texturing for you if you can't do it yourself. I'm not speaking harcore realisme, not everyone is able to skin like that. I'm only asking you to make it look atleast somewhat human not cartoonish.

- Your team can consist of a modeler, texturer and a uvmapper.

- It would help if you'd explain how you look like, obvious charasteristics and the way you're build. Don't make up stuff and say you look like Brad Pitt or something, if you do..die. Oh, and please don't show your photo for our sake......nah just messing, if you want to, if you really really want to, you can. This WOULD make it easier for us to see how accurate you've modeled yourself......
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINAL ENTRY:

Your final entry must contain the following:

- For the character: Atleast 3 pictures from different angles, preferably front,side and a perspective. Also including the weapon in the pictures.
And a few pictures of the weapon alone up close, 1 or 2 pics should do.

- Post your textures AND the clean uvmaps.

- A brief explanation telling from what century your character is, and what type of warrior he was. A whole biography is not neccesary.

- Tell us some of your charasteristics and/or the way you're build. (long, tall, small, fat..kekeke)

JUDGING

We will have a judge judging you on the following:

Polystructure, Poly use, Uvmaps (are they clean? are they skinnable? did you use the space of your Uvmaps wisely?) You'll also be judged on the texturing and originality.

I'll edit this post when i got atleast 3 jury members
togheter.

edit

Teknik, Brolli, Element4q2, Shiro and myself will be the judges!

If I forgot anything please tell me!

-------------------
I'd like to thank Brolli and D-Boy for letting me pick a subject. Thanks a lot guys.

DEADLINE: 03/02/06
For Europeans that's 02/03/06

Good luck,

Best answers
Wow you read my mind, this was the kind of contest I was hoping for lol.

Im in.

Btw Deadline? From a brits way at looking its tomorrow lol.

Best answers
yeah i know, for us it's "day - month - year", for americans it's "month - day - year".
I figured i'd do it US style as the majority of these boards is american ( i think xD)

Best answers
Ah lol was alittle worried when I first seen that :p

Anyway i've already got my face refs ready, now to plan what century etc.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
would be cool if you could add a twist to it though, rather than sticking to just time periods, why not just have "model yourself in a style of your choice".

it has the same restraints as your current competition in terms of skill, but it allows everyone to use their own imagination. some people just arent into historic stuff, where others definately are.

Best answers
It doesn't hurt to sniff in a history book =P

But I know what you mean. The reason why I chose this is exactly because people will digg into history books so to speak. If i'd let them create themselves in the style of their choice it would only end up in people strapping konoha headbands on their foreheads and it'd end up another anime comp which i'm desperately trying to prevend.

Get the anime out of your system people!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then the anime heads would lose haha. i just find this too limiting. i'll enter anyway, but that doesnt mean i'll put 100% into it...

Best answers
I'd of put the limit to just 19th Century and anything before is open.

Reason, I want to model me as a Gladiator lol.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just looked at your deadline, and according to you. the comp ends tomorrow =o

i better get crackin! o/

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
i just looked at your deadline, and according to you. the comp ends tomorrow =o

i better get crackin! o/
Did you read my 2nd post?

I quote

yeah i know, for us it's "day - month - year", for americans it's "month - day - year".
I figured i'd do it US style as the majority of these boards is american ( i think xD)
btw I changed 1200 to 1800 into 0 to 1800

Best answers
Good man! keeps it more open now.

Now to re-think my character lol.

Best answers
Sadner said:
It doesn't hurt to sniff in a history book =P

But I know what you mean. The reason why I chose this is exactly because people will digg into history books so to speak. If i'd let them create themselves in the style of their choice it would only end up in people strapping konoha headbands on their foreheads and it'd end up another anime comp which i'm desperately trying to prevend.

actually i know a few people with konoha headbands lol, seriously, ne way this sounds kinda fun. i might enter my self

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah! Not a bad idea for a comp. I've actually got some pictures of my face somewhere on the computer . . .

Question: If my character was able to summon a dragon, would that be too far out there >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and the headbands were like used with the regular japanease soldiers back in the day but without logos and stuff on it

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is the website of a mod based on an anime ya know?,

anyhow, even if i did enter it would be stylized a bit like anime, but inspired by myself. i do have a dbz style picture i drew up of myself, (but only me and skiwan have seen it). that would be well suited to a barbarian or something given the proportions i had in mind when i drew it. (though it wouldnt be 100% accurate =P)

i may post it later to give you an idea of what im talking about, but i guess it really wouldnt matter in the end, im still trying to finish LASTS contests entry >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What a good idea! Probably the best one Ive seen here.

If characters and polycounts were my thing, I would be all over this one.

Best answers
@Nuttzy, just join allready =P

I'm glad so many people like this comp. Could a mod pin this please?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
luckly we dont have to show our refs off ._. me in full view... omg.

lol nice one sadner ;) really good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom