Modeling Competition 3 – Small Fantasy Environment Piece 16-08-05 - 1-10-05

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What you did was place a model on a picture, but you need to model the enviroment yourself, that was the purpose of this contest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Mad_Axman gave me permission to just go ahead and start the next competition since this one is a dead end. I just have yet to come up with anything

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah, you should make it something larger, not only for modellers, but something...forum wide ;) Like with Dark Vegeta's idea:

• Modelers make the space ship
  • Skinners skin the space ship
  • Art Artists (huh? o_O) design and create an enviroment for the space ships(spacefield, nebulas etc.)
  • Renderers....render the space ship

That would make the competition larger and would involve the whole community...Only problem would be the artists as I dont know how many people from the Artwork forum would like to help, Its not that active lately =\

Best answers
ya should do that, im sure artisit will help, or even do the whole thing them selfs u never know, have 2 judges for each one different ppl so then u dont have favs if u get what i mean and also it would also give judges a go at the comp say the one of the judges is the modelling bit but he can also say skin someone else ship or something and be in the comp, i dont think im making sense :S. I dont mind judging as i do not have time to do this kinda comp even tho i would love 2.

*EDIT*

I decided to finish my entry so here is my progress so far:

Best answers
oohh neat i like it i wants to see more!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice brick texture, googled ?

a neat thing to do would be to include a bump map

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey for the next modeling competition why not do a best old kai for my map? =) but has to be low poly =)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol this got to go to the request forum :p

we need something more exiting for the next copmetition... but what almost everybody can do -.-

gj dv13!

Best answers
ya we should just start a new comp, my castle is gonna take me a while so who will be willin to start up a new one?

Best answers
a, skin a model(-head) sdk competition would be nice =O..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ouw noes pls not <_< .... modlers should take apart too.... nwayz i know i missed the type of location modeling... but i tried it.. here ya go :p

never thought it oculd make fun :D my first time

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no really you guys should do the old kai =) (and besides we all know the request thread is to keep threads of OMG make BLAH BLAH from ever being created, and let all those who want stuff to wine in a thread, which i think barely gets any recognition from any modelers, or they dont really care what's in there)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my suggestion for a comp :
Model your own character, however it cant just have 2 arms and legs it has to be special and completley imaginary

Best answers
i dont mind what the comp is, someone speak wiv a mod or something ask if its ok if we start a new one ect i would talk to nuttzy but he ant been on in some time

FYI, the nuttz has a job and a diablo 2 addiction now, gl catching me on aim ever again =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and apparently doesnt post but edits.. :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why just gir retired -.-" ohhh god.. nuttzy cmon and stop this comp. and make us a new competition where we have to model something from a game (game can be any we like).

at the end result we have to give wires and else like a vid/scene/final shot and the winner is the one who did the best model... and the character have to look like the one ingame.. so its like you have to model cloud from ff7.. you can only win if he looks like him :O

who agrees?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You just need an excuse to model a KH character again -_- :p

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
if you guys want a new competition with some actual use of the winning model .. i have always stuff that needs to be modeled to use in my 1.3 maps .. like all the new "useless" map chars like roshi and so on .. bla bla whatever

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom