Modeling Competition 2 - 21/7 - 15/8

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Modeling Competition 2 - Flying Land Creature
------------------------------------------------
Description:

Ok, this competition is going to be a bit different then comp #1. First thing to go is the provided concept. Yup, this is going to be an original concept competition. If you chose to enter, you will be creating your own concept based on the rules. Second thing to go is the "no specific poly limit" thing, there will be a set poly limit for your model. Now, the main thing you have to keep in mind is the theme, your character must be a land creature, fantasy or reality, but he/she/it must have the ability to fly. So that means you must actually put your thinking caps on for this one, your model could have wings, a jet pack, even a freaking fan on his head for all I care, aslong as it can fly. The competition starts today, July 21st and end Augest 15th. Now, if you do not have the resources to post your concept, don't worry, it is not required to post a drawn concept. As long as the character is an original creation, and can fly. Ok, so take a look at the rules and you can begin whenever you want :O.
---------------------------------------------------

Rules:

- Your model must be an original creation

- Must be a land creature, fantasy or reality, human or animal

- Must have the ability to fly [wings, jetpack, fan, etc..]

- Your model must be kept under 1.7k polys [1700 polys]

Final Entry:

Your final entry must contain the following:

- A render of the model front, side, back, and perspective without the texture applied [smooth shaded]

- A render of the model front, side, back, and perspective with texture applied 100% self illumination

- A render of the model front, side, back, and perspective with the wireframe overlaying the model

- A beauty render, a fancy render showing off your model in the way you wish to present it

- All texture maps must be shown in there original size

bonus:

- Post your concept if you have the ability to do so

MODERATOR IMPUT! READ NOW!

This is going to be the second unnoficial competition. once all entries are in, a public vote will be made by use of a poll.

REMEMBER WHEN VOTING!
it isnt just about your favorite one. its the person who has the best use of polygons. the best use of texture size, and the best use of texturing skills.
the beauty render is important to judge too, as it is another skill entirely to render something well.
also, do not mark someone down because they didnt put it into esf, or any other game for that matter. just because you dont get to play with it, doesnt mean its not good.

after the voting is complete (you will have 48 hours to vote). the winner will be declared.

The winner gets to choose the next topic of competition. this has no limits. it can be anything from a simple "make this character". to "make something using the following guidelines." all the way to "just make whatever you want, as long as you show the concept".

All contestants must post work in progress, this will help avoid people claiming rips and stuff like that.

just remember to have fun!

-AxMan

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey! I wanted to do a Link Modeling competition! :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then make sure you win this one so you can choose the next competition >_>

im entering.

currently sketching concept =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wont join because the poly limit is quite to low for me <_< might make it up to 2,5k ? then i join... (or do you mean quads or instead or tris?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm entering! I started my concept :) Does it have to be a perfect front/side ref?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, its your concept haha, do what you want with it. as long as its something youve thought up yourself =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"- Post your concept if you have the ability to do so"

if you have a concept then post it .... you need to know if you need perfect front or side <_<

*DARN YOO GIR X-D LOOOOL*

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anything you want, as long as it can fly -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
anything you want, as long as it can fly -_-
Well, just making sure before I draw anything. Cause Enix did say... "Human or creature" so making sure :)

DMW

Best answers
This will be interesting, i cant wait to see some of your guys' creations.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think 1700 is a bit low too, considering current hardware capabilities, but I suppose that's what normal maps are for.
I'll try posting a concept or something a little bit later on

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its a low poly project :p. And yea, mechs, robots, anything like that is ok, just has to fly, I guess you could kinda consider that a creature.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
either enter using the requirements given, or dont enter, but dont complain if the next comp isnt to your liking either. 1700 isnt low poly anyway =/

you guys arent going about proving we need a competition sub forum too well. comps are supposed to be a challenge. not something everyone can do blindfolded.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
modeling blindfolded... Now THAT'S a task!
Anyway.. I finished my concept, Ill scan it later :p It's gonna be one hell of a hard concept to model.. that's for sure.

Ps... should it be colored?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Growler said:
modeling blindfolded... Now THAT'S a task!
Anyway.. I finished my concept, Ill scan it later :p It's gonna be one hell of a hard concept to model.. that's for sure.

Ps... should it be colored?
Sorry to sound rude, but for like the 3rd time, IT'S YOUR CONCEPT YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT FOR IT!!!!

jeez :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eclipse said:
Sorry to sound rude, but for like the 3rd time, IT'S YOUR CONCEPT YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT FOR IT!!!!

jeez :\
ouw yeh eclipse said it loud and clear <_< ... anyway i gues i join

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
either enter using the requirements given, or dont enter, but dont complain if the next comp isnt to your liking either. 1700 isnt low poly anyway =/

you guys arent going about proving we need a competition sub forum too well. comps are supposed to be a challenge. not something everyone can do blindfolded.
I didn't mean for it to sound like I was complaining, I was just thinking that comps are more of a practice for current modelling standards, given that most mods/games for current engines have models starting at 2500 polygons and higher.
Since its more for the challenge itself though, my opinions don't really have any bearing >>;

Best answers
Now this is what I like to see in a competition! I can see myself entering this guys =).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom