Modeling Competition 2 - 21/7 - 15/8

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
darksniper. your supposed to post work in progress -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh im already done so i guess its too late for that, the limit was 1700 so its easy to finish fast, does this mean im kicked out? (i showed wip images to enix, the competition creater)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just post all the wip images at once =/ otherwise, ur gonna have to start from scratch, and show your workings.

DMW

Best answers
lol, darksniper your a very good modeler,like your dragon.Its pretty good,but why would he be dissqualified if he didnt show work in progress if he did it all at one time,that doest seem fair or make sense.The point is that it gets done,well at least thats what i think.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
quite simply put: its the rules. you have to show your works in progress. otherwise anyone could litterally grab something off a random site and claim it as their own. now i know no one here would do that. but its been done in the past. its more of a security thing...

thanks for showing the wips DS, hope you can get it skinmapped and skinned ;) :D

DMW

Best answers
well what you say does make sense but most modelers here have shown there work in the past,at least i know for sure darksniper has,i have seen his stewy,vegeto's ect. so i would trust that he would make his own creation.But i do understand what you mean.

DMW

Best answers
im a noob modeler but its seems like it would be hard to model that thing,robo hamster,lol very original and kind of cool.lol.BTW MadAxe man it wouldnt matter if they dl'ed a model off a site cuz they could just hide parts of it and say that is there progress.It would be no point in doing that but they could,but they could also do whay you said before with the drawing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
beh i had 3 concepts and i can decide thought :(
my scanner ****ed up so i can show ya another good ohne i´ve drawn... also i lost one pic of on costum character wich would own here everything :( i might do i real earching in my room...

here are 2 pics:

(yeh its my ****ed up scaner.. otherwise it looks much betta at the paper here)

<_< wicho ne of them ya like more?

DMW

Best answers
they are both cool but the 2nd 1 is hard to make out.But hell the i dont care there both nice.

Best answers
sweet I'm in :), quite a nice target by the sounds of it.

There is a few rules I would like clarrified I'm the annoying one hehe..

what is the texture map limit?
can I use alpha?
can I use bump?
can I use specular
can I use a normal map?

obviously if your marking beauty renders as a skill does that mean the person should be evaluated on rigging as perhaps the mesh need rigging / posing for a successful beauty render?

Good luck everyone !!!

Best answers
lol! not all of us can do miracles with a pen and some paper :p my concept would probably look like a stick movie char. And don't you think the poly limit is to low there. Anyways if I’d participate I’d most probably use an existing concept or so…

EDIT: I know you guys want a cgtalk or something else thing going around here, but actually those are pro's, I sure as hell can't properly skin nor rig it to pose it. So obviously multiple ppl will be working on the same project.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Concept drawings aren't a requirement, so It doesn't matter if you can or can't draw it, so long as you have an original idea and can model it.

And we don't have to do "pro" work, only our best work.

@Tryforce: I'd say go with the second drawing; it reminds me of a flying ninja eel ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
Concept drawings aren't a requirement, so It doesn't matter if you can or can't draw it, so long as you have an original idea and can model it.

And we don't have to do "pro" work, only our best work.

@Tryforce: I'd say go with the second drawing; it reminds me of a flying ninja eel ^^
Read the requirements... It is required to post your concept art, then show all of your work bit by bit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Showster said:
sweet I'm in :), quite a nice target by the sounds of it.

There is a few rules I would like clarrified I'm the annoying one hehe..

what is the texture map limit?
can I use alpha?
can I use bump?
can I use specular
can I use a normal map?

obviously if your marking beauty renders as a skill does that mean the person should be evaluated on rigging as perhaps the mesh need rigging / posing for a successful beauty render?

Good luck everyone !!!

There are no set texture limits, but I would say max should be 512x512 you really shouldn't need anymore then that. And yes, alpha, bump,spec,and normal maps are allowed, whatever you want to do, but keep the polylimit in mind.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
Read the requirements... It is required to post your concept art, then show all of your work bit by bit.
not required to show your concept at all, it says if you want to.

what IS required, is that you show your work in progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom