Model. Comp. - Suggestion Thread

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, how about getting it into a game... I mean, anything would do, but it'd just be cool to have a wider spectrum of options and actual try to improve in other area's, i mean, when modeling for a certain engine you have to take into account the different joints/bone systems/structures, and then learn how to rig them appropriately. It'd not only be beneficial experience wise but then you've produced something that people can use.

I dunno, im just sick of the constant "yeah lets do a popular anime/game choice" modeling comp, half of the people drop out cuz they dont like the selected theme, and the others that take part getting lazy along the way and not doing anything. It kinda kills the creativity too imo =\ because nomatter how you redesign link you're in some way limited.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sadner said:
Why do they have to be characters. Why not create your own console or create your own weapon of some sort.
Best idea so far =)

Design a PS4 or Xbox 720 or whatever, your own make, and add parts for next-next-gen games like holographic projectors etc...would be sweet.

Or something actually conductive to ESF, like you have to model a DB/Z/GT character that hasn't been done before (for 1.2), it has to be rigged with the ESF skeleton too, and released so people can see how it deforms, if the animations go well etc...

Best answers
Zelda isn't orignal, its taking an already dated theme and trying to build around it.

We need to keep these more open, if its down to anime based stuff again im sitting out.

Best answers
DannyLad said:
Zelda isn't orignal, its taking an already dated theme and trying to build around it.

We need to keep these more open, if its down to anime based stuff again im sitting out.
OUTDATED!?!? (he liessssssssss) j/k
I like Raven Dust's idea about the ESF model or maybe model your favorite character from anything or whoever you want and rig it with the ESF skeleton so there will be a bigger variety of custom characters not dealing with DBZ itself.

Best answers
Hmm. The more points you make the more I like you Skiwan XD. I'll agree with that point especially with the limits and teaching people new things and all. Let's see what unfolds .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm like i see there are many opinions with zelda and n64, some with something different.

might we should do:
Redesign your Own Favorite chracter/robot/what eva to a pc limit of 3500 tris, 1x 1024x1024 (or 4x 512x) maps

or Make weapons for Counterstrike/hl2 / what eva till a count of 2000 tris with 2 x512 maps

or Design your own room, unlimited polycount, unlimited amount of maps, the best render wins.

Best answers
Design the next digital craze in technological portable equipment =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why not do something that might actually help your modelling instead of just , Woot zelda, Woot Mario, Woot Bish <_<
how about this
Create your favourite hero/evil boss model, PC: 5000 tris, atleast 2 LoDs and 1x 1024/2x512

and if the modeler wants to be creative (>_> Skiwan) They can think up of a character as well
it just has to be either a hero or a boss, it cant be the sidekick or the NPC etc
after thats done getting it into A game is a must

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I need to learn how to put models into games.

I'm all for making your own boss / hero character. And then put it in a game.

Best answers
How about creating a mix of two or three characters from difrent cartoons , mangas, games etc... triangles count : 3000
skin : 3x 512 (4x 256)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
You guys are going WAY overboard with the texture maps. I'd say go for a redesign your favorite video game character, 2200 polys, 1 x256, 1 x512.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ne0TeK said:
You guys are going WAY overboard with the texture maps. I'd say go for a redesign your favorite video game character, 2200 polys, 1 x256, 1 x512.
I would like that =D nice and simple

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree with maps but maybe higher polycount, like 3000 , just for more space.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whats the matter tryforce? scared of a little challenge =P.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lmao no, but see: in further lowpoly models under a tri count of 2000 will be used in morpgs or in games where alot of npc?s will be (whats for now aswell)

and maybe we could step up allready, old classics with a tri count under 2500 are fine but .... >_< kkk, my meshes suck!!! xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm how about Design Your Favourite Game Character for the PSP?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ShadyD said:
Hmm how about Design Your Favourite Game Character for the PSP?
Because not everyone knows PSP characters.

Why pidgeon-hole the genre?

I think favourite video game character in general would be pretty cool.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm, im thinking about get this thread stickied maybe or dunno how, so we could always suggest what the next comp. should be about, because i think its a better thing then the winner would choose.

nway what whe got for now are:

Weapons, Envoirment, ( like 2-4 votes)
Designs of multimedia things, (2 votes? )
Anime characters, (1 vote)
Video gaming characters, (most votes)
Nintendo CHaracters (several votes)

so Video gaming characters?

Maps (like neotek said): 1x 256 ; 1x 512
Tricount: 2500

its just "my" suggestion, please if you still agree with this suggestion, then agree, if not then get yourself one up, but please make this competition interesting so everybody would take apart, not like the old ones -__-

Best answers
Hey hey, who said we're done with suggesting here =p

Model, skin and pose your idea of the perfect woman.
Hot brunette with a big ass gun <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom