Model Animations question

Best answers
I'm a real n00b when it come to models, but there's been this thing thats bugging me. Forgive me for the n00bishness.o_o

Anyway, is it possible to rip animations from one model and put them into another? For instance, is it possible to put 1.2 anims for the 1.3 Goku?
If it is, could someone tell me how and what software I'd need?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm a real n00b when it come to models, but there's been this thing thats bugging me. Forgive me for the n00bishness.o_o

Anyway, is it possible to rip animations from one model and put them into another? For instance, is it possible to put 1.2 anims for the 1.3 Goku?
If it is, could someone tell me how and what software I'd need?
I don't know why I'm replying because I got out of modeling 5 months after attempting to get good at it. I know a lot of the basics, though.

Get Milkshape 3D - the latest version.
Use Google: "Milkshape 3D" -Go to the Chumbasoft website

You're gonna need to read some tutorials to understand the program. Once you have, read this;

[1] Make a folder on Desktop; name it anything ["goku" for example], and put the 1.2 Goku MDL file in it

In Milkshape...
[2] Decompile that model [the one you want the animations from] [It's in "goku" folder]
Tools -> Decompile Normal HL Model

[2] Go to the "goku" folder, and locate all of the animation SMD ["run.smd, bigbang.smd, etc] files - Copy them all

[3] Do the same process all over again with the 1.3 Goku;
- Make another folder called goku13; place the 1.3 Goku in it
- Tools -> Decompile that model
- Paste all of the SMD animation files into the goku13 folder
- Import the goku13 model into Milkshape
- Export the goku13 model as the same name
- Tools -> Compile Normal HL model; Be sure to save as the original .QC of the model
- Test with Half-Life Model Viewer

However, I don't know how many animation files were changed for 1.3... as in names, and other stuff. In fact, I'm not sure if those SMDs will be compatible with the 1.2 skeleton... not sure. =/

Best answers
ok, I've decompiled both. Pasted.

How do i Import the goku1.3 model into milkshape?

Best answers
I should have been clearer.. my bad How should i import any model into milkshape?
I go to File > import... but i dont see any option for import HL model

Best answers
I should have been clearer.. my bad How should i import any model into milkshape?
I go to File > import... but i dont see any option for import HL model
You should go to Tools > half life> decompile normal HL MDL file.After that,go to Import > half life smd. Now you'll see all the animation files and a file with the name of your character(for example,goku.smd).
Now you can import the model with or withouth animations and mesh.

Best answers
w00000t I Did it. lmao.
Thanks guys.

The 1.3 to 1.2 didnt work. Something about skeleton. But what I got was much better.
I took the EVM model of Goku (Kreshi's) and added ref_charge_kaioken and fusion_Goku animations to it. lol.

How I did it.

1. Decompiled Hl models of EVM Goku ssj3 and ECX Goku Norm.
2. Copied the smd files of ref_charge_kaioken and Fusion_Goku to the ssj3 Folder
3. Then Edited the QC file of ssj3 to have
Code:
$sequence fusion_goku "fusion_goku" fps 25 
$sequence ref_charge_kaioken "ref_charge_kaioken" loop fps 25
:D
I aint dumb after all... lmao.

Thanks guys.
BTW I aint releasing this it aint my work..... I just wanted better Goku models. :)

Now I need to learn how I can add ssj3 hair to a normal Goku model. :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom