Model/Animation conversion

Best answers
Hey,

I am a simple man just wanting to play a game, I was wondering if anyone knew how to take the animations from a esf 1.2 model (mdl file) and put them into a esf 1.1 or 1.0 model ?

I have heard it can be done
I want to do this for my personal customisation of ESF I will not distribute anything I do nore do I want to.

I need info

-How do I do this
-What programs I need
-What pulgins I need
-Tools to recompile the files afterwards or the knowledge on how to

This is for personal use only and there are some models I have collected that i was hopping to get working in 1.2
Cheers

-Drone-

Best answers
Ok lets see if i can explain this easily:
1. First you need Milkshape.
2. This is what I do, make to folders call one "New Model" and the other "Old Model." Next Copy the model you want converted into 1.2 to the old model folder, and the existing model.
3. Ok, now thats done so open Milkshape and on the toolbar click Tools>Half-Life>Decomplie Normal HL MDL file. Select the new model(the one that already works with 1.2) when the menu appears asking what you want to decomplie select Sequences and .QC File.
4. Now decomplie the old model(the modle you want to work in 1.2) when the menu appears asking what you want to decomplie select Reference and Textures.
5. Take everything from the Old model folder, except the model itself, and place it in the New Model folder.
6. Finally on the Milkshape tool bar click Tools>Half-Life>Compile QC file (you can find the QC file you want in the New Model folder)

Thats it...play around with it for a while and you'll get the hang of it. this method will not work for all models, but it will work on most.

If you have anymore trouble let me know I'll be happy to help. AIM would be best :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom