ModDB - Summer of Mods & Indies

MC

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Every year, ModDB strives to recognize the best games and mods that make use of our services through the Mod of the Year Awards. While MOTY 2008 was the most successful event thus far, it still presented the same problem as previous years. Voting for the Player's Choice Awards largely consisted of mods and games that did most of their chest-thumping in the few months leading up to them. How could the short attention spans of voters be harnessed to have them consider the full breadth of releases in a year?

Our solution - the "Summer of Mods and Indies"! This event will focus on rounding up all the major releases since the MOTY's in order to boost exposure for all those great mods and indie games you missed. It comes at a great time of the year too, when most gamers suffer from a drought of high-street commercial releases.

So sit back, relax and discover new gaming experiences that you never knew existed. The "Summer of Mods and Indies" event kicks off July 15!

The Summer of Mods & Indies event provides much needed exposure to mods and indie games in order to help them connect with their potential audiences. If you'd like to participate in this year's event, please contact stenchy by July 15th. Your mod must have been released or received a major update within the last 6 months in order to qualify.
Source: http://www.moddb.com/events/summer-of-mods-indies/news/som-introduction

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool! I hope we will win this time. Both mods ^^

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Does the water shaders count as a moajor update?

No :eek:

How about the rest of our GFX updates then?

XD

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh c'mon...there has to be a way. :/

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
We'd be cheating the system if we entered this. We released the Open Beta: Final 11 months ago, the limit is 6 months. As unfortunate as it is, we'll have to leave it and just wait until next year for the MOTY competition.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
we could probably show off the melee system

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No, John. No. Showing the melee system doesn't mean that we released the game, nor does it mean that we can enter this ModDB event.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Does it really matter? ESF: Final will probably have more downloads and publicity than all of the mods featured there combined.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think we wouldn't be given a fair chance anyway, Anime mods seem to be looked down by Moddb.

Busy Busy Busy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Most anime mods are looked down upon, but we have a long history with moddb. http://www.moddb.com/about

Damaera is right. The Open Beta: Final was released in 2008 which means that ESF doesn't meet the requirements.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes ModDB will give ESF great coverage, other times they can be rather insulting. I think it depends on the individual staff member covering us.

Case and point, the 2005 ModDB awards.

2. Earths Special Forces

Question: What is scarier than a 10,000 pound gorilla named Kong tearing up the streets of New York?
Answer: 10,000 Dragonball Z fans

They certainly are a force not to be reckoned with. They attack in packs, and vote in numbers which is why Earths Special Forces has made it since Mod of the Year started in 2002. Now I agree in part that perhaps they shouldn't be here, but well over 2,000 people disagree with me - so who am I to argue?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/earths-special-forces/features/mods-of-2005/2#readarticle

Emphasis mine. The person writing that essentially scoffed at all the work that has been put into this mod simply because it's DBZ. **** that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom