ModDB 2007 Mod of the Year Awards

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jurrasic Park. Haha. Awesome mods. Zombie Panic looks better ...

Anything after the Unreleased mods (apart from PAC?) look pretty boring in my opinion..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, those upcoming mods look AWESOME. 2008 will be the best year of my entire life.

Best answers
My favorite mod of all time, Project reality got silver (twice in a row damnit) i was in such a tiff :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My favorite mod of all time, Project reality got silver (twice in a row damnit) i was in such a tiff :]
I'm currently installing/patching BF2 so I can play this. Red Orchestra is one of my favorite FPSs, and I remember I had a reality mod (single player only D: ) for BF1942 that was super-awesome, so I'm pretty stoked to give this a try.

Best answers
well, the latest patch made it...VERY realisistic. For better or worse. Probably only thing they need to do w/ it is add more animations...and work on balancing gameplay w/ realism.

Don't join any server other than the Tactical Gamer server...most of them are rubbish. I play TG pretty much exclusivly. Don't forget to read the manual...you need to.

if you get it installed Pm me or something, im a pretty good Squad leader and ill be patient w/ you...unlike alot of others.

-sidenote, TG server is full almost 24/7 so you have to really be dedicated to get in...to get in. if it says that you got kicked for teamkilling before joining it before, it's cause of Supporting member reserved slots

-sideside not - full Maps take about 1-3 hours to finish...depending on the map, so be ready to have a full day dedicated to this game.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, those upcoming mods look AWESOME. 2008 will be the best year of my entire life.
Mods always look awesome. Then, they are released.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beta 1.0 is the exception.

It looked awesome, and was as well.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mods always look awesome. Then, they are released.
True, true. But there are some mods that seriously look crappy and in the end are crappy. But these mods look quite promising, so I'm optimistic about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am also looking forward to Black Mesa : source.

Best answers
Same here, BMS is the only one I'm looking forward to.. Also one of the few that actually seems to have a professional team working on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, the latest patch made it...VERY realisistic. For better or worse. Probably only thing they need to do w/ it is add more animations...and work on balancing gameplay w/ realism.

Don't join any server other than the Tactical Gamer server...most of them are rubbish. I play TG pretty much exclusivly. Don't forget to read the manual...you need to.

if you get it installed Pm me or something, im a pretty good Squad leader and ill be patient w/ you...unlike alot of others.

-sidenote, TG server is full almost 24/7 so you have to really be dedicated to get in...to get in. if it says that you got kicked for teamkilling before joining it before, it's cause of Supporting member reserved slots

-sideside not - full Maps take about 1-3 hours to finish...depending on the map, so be ready to have a full day dedicated to this game.
Yeah, so far I've found TG to be the best server out there. Texas Teamplayers wasn't too bad either, and I think there was another that was okay too.

The realism is pretty good, but it's not quite on par with something like ArmA (which I've never tried the multiplayer for... sadly). There's probably only so much you can do with the BF2 engine though. I've got a handle on the game now, and I'm getting better at identifying friendlies. So far, I've had the best luck with the Grenadier and Auto Rifleman kits, but I usually end up taking what the squad needs most.

The biggest problem I've come across so far is with the grass. It adds realism and all, except it's only visible at close range. So if you're prone in the grass, and can't see anything because of it, you'll be clearly visible to people further away. That, and the standard MEC rifle sucks like nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom