Mobile Robot spotted, over!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those robots are chumps. America's robotics development (obviously for our military) is far more advanced than anything anyone can develop right now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was really hoping for a mech =/

Ah well, it seems sad that have to spend all that money on military purposes, but seeing a robot patrol a border is kinda freaky.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems really vulnerable though. Kick it in the side and it's done.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does anyone remember Johnny 5? Now *that* would be an awesome military robot.

Who's with me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was really hoping for a mech =/
Yeah, nothing makes your border more secure than a couple of those inner sphere uziels stomping around.

Its too bad they cancelled the Mechwarrior series, those games were so much fun.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
so its gonna be Skynet all over again, huh?
There is already a company called SkyNet, but I think it has to do with communications (Odd isn't it? lol).

The American military have already been developing combat robots, not to mention they have a lot of videos and detailed descriptions of it. I think the robot they were developing was called SPEAR or something like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The idea of even a bipedal or any-pedal robot is just way too impractical. I suppose the idea is so that they can traverse varied terrain better, but they're also so goddamn slow, so easy to knock over, and it'd take so much effort to make this thing smart enough to adapt and stand and etc... wtf is the point when you have a human soldier? It'd probably cost less to keep a human alive/feed it and etc.

Any practical robot would either just be an oversized RC car with treads, or something flying like the CIA's drones.

Best answers
MC said:
There is already a company called SkyNet, but I think it has to do with communications (Odd isn't it? lol).

The American military have already been developing combat robots, not to mention they have a lot of videos and detailed descriptions of it. I think the robot they were developing was called SPEAR or something like that.
No, I didn't know that. Thanks :)

Lol, i just noticed that your name is MC and the thread starters name is CM. Kinda weird, dont know why I noticed.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
No, I didn't know that. Thanks :)

Lol, i just noticed that your name is MC and the thread starters name is CM. Kinda weird, dont know why I noticed.
Ok Walmart Security that was off topic and not needed youve been doing that alot lately consider this your last and final friendly warning you will get proper warnings if you continue to go on this path.

Back On-topic Hitokiri this is just the first stage ofcourse there not going to send them into war as they are there gonna upgrade em till there as advanced as human soldiers i guess.

Best answers
Sorry err... . I never noticed I was posting off topic a lot. I'll try to cut back. I hope this isnt considered off-topic. :)

On-Topic - Im not sure if they will ever get as advanced as human soldiers. I know that Honda developed that one robot that walks by itself, but how would It do with a gun. These bots look like cheap toys that can be shot down with about 3 shots, 1 if its carefully placed.

Best answers
X said:
Does anyone remember Johnny 5? Now *that* would be an awesome military robot.

Who's with me?

oh Hell yes

if I saw a crazy ass rambo jonny 5 id **** a brick and run like hell.

Imo, fullscale robowarfare is a dumb idea, how do you tell who wins ? ... cause seriously .. nobody just gives up when they run outta money, they just spend more and lower taxes... lol.

however its a cool idea just for support.

Best answers
Woot, Johnny 5! *Disco inferno!*

Note that the youngsters have no clue as to what we're talking about.

@Chakra: There's never going to be any actual "mechs." At least not like what you're thinking. They're physically impossible.

@Thread: Nothing can beat a kamikaze soldier running around with a live grenade and a shotgun... Viva la Urban Terror.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finally someone noticed my comment :p

Anyway, I really wouldn't be intimidated by a robot that walks 4 mph...but that's just me.

Best answers
yeah .. but what if it was screaming "MY NAME IS .. JOHNY 5" at you, with an arabic accent.it could be a kamikaze johny 5 with...

anyhow yeah I'd be more worried about the turret on that things back, and how it will differ enemy from ally an Civilian.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:

What the crap? Your name is mine backwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom