mmmm, Katana.

Best answers
I ordered this four days ago, and it arrived today :D. I thought you guys might like to take a look.

It's a full tang carbon steel katana, measures 41.2" from end to end. It's heavy but perfectly balanced, and friggin' razor sharp. I was wiping the grease off that it shipped in and i cut the cloth almost completely in half by accident. I can't wait to actually go and cut something with it :devil:. Anyways thats it, just showing off i guess ^_^.

Best answers
nice blade man where did you buy it from ? ninecircles? . all i have is a training shinai and boken for my martial Art (kendo).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats fresh !

I want something like that to.
By going out and cutting things, i hope you just mean some fallen down apples ! :p

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't wait to actually go and cut something with it
Ummm... thats one cool sword... but ummm cut something eh? not someone? o_o

Best answers
Heh, yeah i'm not going to go cutting people ^^. I just decapitated an empty 2 litre bottle of pepsi though :D. The bottom half (weighed down with water) flew to the other side of the garden and i didnt realise where the top was untill it landed at my feet, it flew directly up into the air.

Nabeshin : I got it from *BUZZ* Advertisement! :eek:. Fantastic service and a great product. Quite cheap too, this was only £145.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Poor pepsi bottle =P, well i don't think i myself would have a sword like that.. i'd probably cut my own arms off :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive put in an order on a different site, for a full length Masamune replica (sephiroths sword) its 7' long >;0

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG... just look at that thing... on the other pics it looks smaller...

Awsome, really awsome..., lol thats something different then the most "butterknives" i have seen. :)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
me wants .. gimme .. right now... XD
*drools*

Best answers
Holy crappamoly, that is one awesome sword.

I'd love to have one myself, but A) they're too expensive and B) I'm afraid of cutting myself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diablos said:
It's a full tang carbon steel katana.
for the lose

anything besides folded steel makes a piss sword

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
for the lose

Agreed.

My roommate is going to learn blade smithing and we'll start a small business selling what he makes. He intends to smith any katanas via the folded steel method, as well as using the folded steel method with any other weapons he makes that are traditionally made with that method.

Hell, we just need the propane burners(Quicker than coal,) the anvil, and some other tools, and we'll have the forge built and operational. Already have the firebrick and things.

It's gonna be pretty sweet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
for the lose

Heh, personally, I wouldn't pay a thousand+ dollars for a folded steel katana... unless I was actually fighting ninjas.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
****, nice sword! Youre not related to Uma Thermon by chance? ...nm. My friend has a set of three swords, they look awesome, but theyre not folded steel. Folded steel makes for an incredible sword, but who the hell can afford it?

Happy New Year, BTW! Another reason to get drunk over the holidays! :D

Best answers
Sexay... Small tip though: don't hold the pommel right next to your crotch... I mean REALLY....

Best answers
Wolfdevil :)

Hibiki, if i could afford a folded steel katana i'd get one over a carbonsteel any day for the quality alone, but that's the reason they're in excess of £600 and this was only £145 :). The hamon is very prominent though, and the blade is still razor sharp and incredibly strong (R60 cutting edge and an R40 shock absorbant back).

On the topic of newyear, i had a really good one. My memory of last night is incredibly fuzzy after the midnight celebrations. A few mates and i woke up at mine this morning and there were a bunch of photos on my camera, including this one.

One three three seven, man.

Also i can't leave this one out, the bottle that suffered my wrath yesterday :)

:laff:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diablos said:
Sorry for the doublepost, but i know how much people like pics... so, i've just had a little photoshoot with my sword and uploaded the best ones for all to see. Enjoy :D

http://www.geocities.com/tda_3d//tdapfk.html
And you get a warning for knowing you were not supposed to double post and posting it anyway! :warning:

On a friendlier note, the grease that comes on the katana is there for a reason. You need to keep that thing consistently 'greased' or the minute you get moisture on it it'll rust on you.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beatifull, just beatifull... poor bottle... how many bottles have you anihlated now diablos? :smile:

I really like the pics of that sword, the first one in full lenght that is. :)

ofcourse, the bottle is cool to, :fight:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom