mIRC channel #ESF and the word F*CK

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is my little rant towards this bullsh*t. I've been coming too these forums since 2002 and the irc channel and never have I been banned for using the word F*CK. Now I heard their was some little punk @ss kid who got offended because the word F*ck was used in IRC. Well my complaint about that is its HIS F*CKEN CHOICE TO JOIN THE IRC CHANNEL AND LISTEN TOO WHAT WE SAY. YOU GUYS CENSOR THE FORUMS WHICH IS FINE BUT STARTING TO CENSOR THE IRC CHANNEL THATS WHEN SOMETHING NEEDS TOO BE SAID AND DONE ESPECIALLY WHEN I GET BANNED FOR THIS SH*T. Now thats out of my system I would like too know why this has happend and if this stupid thing can get revoked like I said its the users choice to join IRC its an open multi relay chat and most people in their are over the age of 16 and I think the word F*CK would not bother them when you hear it all over the streets now a days even in some work places you can hear the word F*CK. Well I hope someone replies with an answer too my question and I hope this thread does not get closed because I would like to hear everyones opinion who uses IRC to post about this matter.

Thanks.
Phobius

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, but is it hard NOT using that word? Ever think about the poor ops? They are bored out of their minds! They only satisfaction is kicking you for saying the f word! Have mercy on their poor souls..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would also like to see the reasoning behind this. Not the exact reasoning, only why it suddenly happened with no discussion (that I was able to partake in). I agree to it to an extent but I would rather see some other form of justification. If the ops do it it seems like abuse of the system.

Im against it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, please, would someone think of the ops??

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Avenger said:
Lol, please, would someone think of the ops??
Or how about the people who actually get banned over this bull****? Hmmm?

This new script which is utilized in #esf is absolute bull****, and on top of that, some of the Ops still use "F*ck" themselves. (Yes that means you Judge)

I even talked about this with Majin_You and he finds it a retarded rule aswell, I mean I understand this is censored on the forums, but on IRC...

I see people getting of the hook for breaking much heavier rules, but you get banned for saying "F*ck" straight away?

And Phobius is right you hear "f*ck" everywhere, turn on your TV or Radio, play a video game etc.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I will agree on the hypocritical aspect of the script. Deverz has the word in his setinfo, but since he is nullified from being banned or kicked (a protected user) the script never effects him. I believe if you have to set a rule, setting an example, in the relation to the rule, should obviously be the next measure in ensuring the code of conflict your trying to enforce.

I don't see any harm in it, I find the word highly offensive. It's when the people who are supposed to be considered "role models" for everyone else, disregard any respect for something they'd otherwise agree with, if questioned by higher authority.

Is the hypocracy not apparent?

Retired
Best answers
i thought this rule was just as much bs as you guys. Cucumba was the one that actually told me about the rue the first time around. I might not like it very much, but i somewhat agree. There are alot of younger children on the forums along with irc. So as you would in real life i guess it would be Appropreiate to kinda of watch the language.

also as a side note for Dpred.

TV shows saying ****? maybe in europe but i never notice anyone saying **** on tv or the radio.

as for games they say **** but they also come with a rating to allow parents to judge wether or not it is ok for there kids.

phob is right about the whole irc is kinda your choice to join the irc channel but it also the choice of the owner of the channel to enforce any rules they feel needs to be done.

*EDIT* This also may be closed as it states in the rules that irc involved issues stay in irc and vise versa for the forums

Best answers
well like in music videos there's alot of **** going on.
they say the f word like they are taking some candy.
f here f there.

and even little children of the age from about 7 say the f word.
so ya.. i kinda agree phobius that this is a retarted rule especially being banned for it is sometihng what i dont understand.

what if you say something like this
"**** i got killed"
do you have to be banned for that ?

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've made up my mind for getting timebanned for 20m from this stupid F*CKEN channel. I'm leaving IRC and the forums for good this place use too be fun now its complete bullsh*t and you can have your 5-10 year olds because your going to lose all the vets that were from esf over this I've had enough I got a lot better things to do then getting banned for using the word F*CK.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, censor bypass is oozing out of every hole in each of your posts.

And leaving a forum and channel over a 20 MINUTE time ban? Pathetic and childish.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
SuperSaiyaChris said:
Wow, censor bypass is oozing out of every hole in each of your posts.

And leaving a forum and channel over a 20 MINUTE time ban? Pathetic and childish.
What's pathetic and childish is banning people over the word f*ck

Best answers
Phobius said:
I've made up my mind for getting timebanned for 20m from this stupid F*CKEN channel. I'm leaving IRC and the forums for good this place use too be fun now its complete bullsh*t and you can have your 5-10 year olds because your going to lose all the vets that were from esf over this I've had enough I got a lot better things to do then getting banned for using the word F*CK.
Ok let me understand this right. Your leaving simply cos you cant use the f-word in mIRC. There might be 5-10 yr olds, but to be honest, your acting just like one.

DPredator said:
What's pathetic and childish is banning people over the word f*ck
Geez it was only for 20 mins. Its to act as a deterrent. There isnt really anything wrong with using it, its everywhere. Though honestly is there any ACTUAL need to use it? No.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What you don't realize is that there is a majority of 11 year olds here in the ESF community. Even though they're all exposed to **** already, well... you are right, banning from an IRC channel for **** is kind of stupid. But still not a valid reason to get all *****y, especially for a 20m only ban.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah, he isn't that childish, he's just hot headed. And he is going to regret posting that. He will be back ^_^

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He has a point it is a pretty childish for a mere 20 min ban.
Nobody has explained the reasoning behind your ban just yet so if you were really concerned you'd stick around.
It does however seem very hypocritical that a highly ranked mod, Deverz would have a swear in his stats or whatever and not be reprimanded for it, but you do have to understand that little kids do use irc and do pick up these words.
Since being on this forum I don't think one word of mine has been picked up by the filter. Its not hard to avoid using swears.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
SuperSaiyaChris said:
What you don't realize is that there is a majority of 11 year olds here in the ESF community. Even though they're all exposed to **** already, well... you are right, banning from an IRC channel for **** is kind of stupid. But still not a valid reason to get all *****y, especially for a 20m only ban.
You do realize that 11 year olds can't even be here, it is against the... what was it called again... ah yes, the AUP... not the ESF specific AUP the AUP of vBulletin.

Best answers
If nothing else, have some actual consideration for other people in the channel by watching your language.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know they can't be here, but they ARE. I mean, what, do you expect a DBZ mod to have a community of over 12,000 people to be all over 13? People can lie about their age you know.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The AUP also says something about swears. They're not allowed, whether or not we know them is not important they're against the rules and if you disobey the rules you get banned. It was for 20 mins stop acting like a child and get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom