Milky Way Galaxy? Nah

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So now global warming is being caused by the Milky Way? I would much more readily accept that changes in our sun cause such change these things, but the galaxy? It's a dim band of light in the sky at night. There is no ****ing way the solar system receives enough energy from those stars to have any impact.

That being said, I don't know enough about any of this, so I'll wait to see what the scientific community says about it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
based off of what i read in the articles this new discovery decreases the chance for extra-terrestrial life. if it is true and not some mistake.

i may be mistaken but from what they were explaining, the added powers (gravitational and radiation) from both galaxies (well 1 galaxy and the added crap converging into it) boosted the rate of growth for primordial life.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the part about this being the main cause of global warming is true, then I would think we as a race will be ****ed. We can't exactly stop two galaxies from combining, no amount of bombs will do that. On the other hand, at least global warming isn't our fault...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the part about this being the main cause of global warming is true, then I would think we as a race will be ****ed. We can't exactly stop two galaxies from combining, no amount of bombs will do that. On the other hand, at least global warming isn't our fault...
Again, I'd like to see some of this looked at in science journals before I take it too seriously.

Best answers
Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy is hid'n weapons of mass destruction!

Best answers
pftt enough bombs can fix anything everyone know that. Also the article also says that the okanet has gone through this 8 times already, its not the merging we are just passing through the galaxies 'equator'. of course all this assumes the article is correct.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Apparently, the first article is the only reputable source. The second article is just speculation / opinion.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HOORAY! STFU, AL GORE!

I've been saying this forever. Any kind of climate change is directly related to our positioning in the solar system/galaxy/universe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HOORAY! STFU, AL GORE!

I've been saying this forever. Any kind of climate change is directly related to our positioning in the solar system/galaxy/universe.
Don't even try to tell me that galaxy and universe weren't just added to that list.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So..We aren't the Milky Way anymore?

I feel like an outcast now :(. This is almost as sad as Pluto getting his planet status stripped.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
'Sagittarius Dwarf' just doesn't have the same old ring to it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WTF! Now what is the candy bar company going to do? Call it Sagittarius Dwarf and Sagittarius Dwarf Midnight?

I thought global warming was caused by the Sun flare getting closer to the Earth like it supposedly does ever couple thousand years.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has come to my belief that Global Warming is due to a natural phenomena that the Earth goes through. We have Ice Ages, and we have Hot Ages.

We're LEAVING an Ice Age... so guess what.. Wether or not we're accelerating Global Warming or not doesn't really matter. Wether or not it's going to happen does.

I don't have an answer for you... I don't think anyone does.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scientists dont know *bleep*... That's why they use big words that people don't know so that when they talk, they appear intelligent when actually, in all reality, they have no clue what their talking about. Now THAT'S my scientific observation :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scientists dont know *bleep*... That's why they use big words that people don't know so that when they talk, they appear intelligent when actually, in all reality, they have no clue what their talking about. Now THAT'S my scientific observation :)
Buy a ****ing dictionary.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the part about this being the main cause of global warming is true, then I would think we as a race will be ****ed. We can't exactly stop two galaxies from combining, no amount of bombs will do that.
Bruce Willis + bomb + Aerosmith = byebye disaster.

-Messed up your quote there big guy. Fixed. -Arthos

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LoL

Well if this is true. We are screwd after 2012 ^^

We have to finish the warp drive before than and leave as long as we still can. That or make colonies on the moon and mars with an artifitial biosphere. :p

In any case. So waht if we arnt from the Milky Way. Remember history class. People once thought the earth was a flat plate and you would fall of if you went to far across the ocean ^^

Right now finding a way to escape anihilation sound more interesting than worying what part of the universe we balong to :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh... A disaster as astronomically huge as this?

We're a grain of sand being washed away in the sea. Nothing we can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom