Milkshape Cell Shading effect without Milkshader

Best answers
This is those of you who dont feel like geting milkshader to get the fake cell shading render in ms3d....
first save this pic to your computer http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/CelShading.bmp
Next load up the model in milkshape that you wana cell shade.
Go under materials and choose the texture that you wana cell shade. ( i did it to all the textures)
change the skin to that one i told you to save earlyer.
check the little spheremap box.
if you play with the lighting you should get something like this (bad pic just do it to see how it really looks)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea thats cool and all, but its pointless, you cant render nor compile it.....Fun effect to play around with though ^^

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is also the exact same method i posted awhile back, (not the one in the stickies though) step by step the same, only differences is the bmp image, it is probly the closest thing to cellshading in milkshape, but you could also use MS#D skinner and it does all the work for you, with that same bmp image he posted

Best answers
nuttzy said:
this is also the exact same method i posted awhile back, (not the one in the stickies though) step by step the same, only differences is the bmp image, it is probly the closest thing to cellshading in milkshape, but you could also use MS#D skinner and it does all the work for you, with that same bmp image he posted
O i never saw you thread nuttzy... o_O
And yeah this is basicly just fun for playing around with...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eum nuttzy could you tell me/us how to use/open use MS#D skinner ( i never heard of it until now

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its a program that i belive dc darkling found awhile back and posted it here, (couldve been singoku as well i get them mixed up)

i guess you could google for it, i dun remember where to get it

its just a program that allows you to roughly paint onto the model in the 3d view, and draws those lines onto the skinmap, which makes the layout of stuff like faces and muscles a breeze, but like i said, its a very rough program, and it crashes alot, but it does haev cellchading built in

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom