Milkshape and Half-life models...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, how to i open a halflife model in Milkshape? for example how can i upload the Goku model in Milkshape so i could mess with the animations and stuff?

Best answers
tools-half-life-decompile normal half life mdl pick goku and decompile him,

file-import-half-life.smd and your done ^_^

hope this helps

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sephiroth_nightmare said:
tools-half-life-decompile normal half life mdl pick goku and decompile him,

file-import-half-life.smd and your done ^_^

hope this helps
thanks it worked, but animations go by it super fast, anyway to make it normal speed? and anyway to show the model doing the animations instead of these circle and triangle shapes?

Best answers
am not to sure about animations as i dont work much in that field, erm you mean the blue circle things? that do the animation?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sephiroth_nightmare said:
am not to sure about animations as i dont work much in that field, erm you mean the blue circle things? that do the animation?
yeah, i cant really tell what parts would do what with just the blue and yellow shapes..

Best answers
ok, the blue shapes are the models skeleton (like yours they help the model move)

the model has to be assigned to the skeleton for it to animate, when in animation mode the model "should" move down with the skeleton.
if you go into your joint tab you will see a list of bone names they should help you understand the skeleton structure

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, i understand now, just need to figure out how to select and move parts so i can make my own animations.

Best answers
select your select tool, and there should be a little menu on the right of your screen (on the tool bar) and it should say "vertex/face/group/joint"
select joint and you can animate it :) make sure you leave at least 1 gap between your keyframes so it dosnt run too fast :) (plus make sure your in animation mode ^_^)

sirken

S
ok tot he other question if it is moveing to fast, i han't done this myself, but try makeing more frames to the model so it mabey could stretch tot he animation keys and move slower or just mess with the 0.0 of how fast it goes...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can also edit how fast it goes i nthe .qc file, where it says FPS, depending on hmw much frames teh animation has

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah but all the default animations thats in goku are playing super fast, all i did was open them and play and they go fast

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
hmm... im not really familar with ms3d animations but id like to know aswell >_>
*too lazy to try out atm XD*

Best answers
Go to File > Preferences. Change the fps of your animations there, also changes how fast they play. To animate, hit the "Animate" button and if you have any other animation knowledge (Flash, etc.) then you will know what to do with keyframes and stuff. Select joints and on different keyframes use the rotate tool. :)

Best answers
when you make a model do you make the bone set in it and for the animations just only have bones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom