Best answers
I only have the free version of GMAX and luckily it won't expire, but my milkshape is going to in lik 9 days or something, please can someone tell me where to get some GMAX tutorials i saw some for 3dstudio max and its not helping AT ALL!! Also if there are no tuts can someone at least tell me how to model poly by poly in GMAX i mean is it that much different from milkshape?

Vassago

V
Gmax is completely useless......

It cannot save or export anything except .gmax files, which can only be opened by gmax.

In order to import/export any other file types, you need to get a Gmax "gamepack". And unfortuneatly there are only TWO out there. One is for QIII mapping, and the other is bundled with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 PRO.

There is no gamepack for Halflife, and I doubt there ever will be.

Best answers
3Dstudio max aint free , it's pritty expansive buth there are export and import scripts for gmax so lets hope somebody makes 1 to export and import to and from milkshape cuz i like gmax

Best answers
i got 3d studio max R4 and its awsome! but the funny part is for me to make low poly models i go to milkshape

Best answers
me got it

i got milkshape...and the crack for it..i dont know how m dad found it..but..i would suggest using milkshape alot becasue its pretty easy..the dude who made it did a good job...look at my site > 3dsolids ... well anyways...later -NeoN :paper:

Best answers
gmax=****
3dstudio max=way too complicated but good for renders and uv mapping
milkshape 3d=simple and many import/export options

WINNER: Milkshape 3d :)

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Re: me got it

Originally posted by NeOn LimiT
i got milkshape...and the crack for it..i dont know how m dad found it..but..i would suggest using milkshape alot becasue its pretty easy..the dude who made it did a good job...look at my site > 3dsolids ... well anyways...later -NeoN :paper:

ok, Please somebody bann this kid. How in the hell can you ripp of milkshape off like that? You should just pay the 20 dollars for the registration key.

Best answers
I PAID FOR MINE! WOOHOO! its worth it cuz its only 20 dollars and you feel all warm inside because you didnt rip off chumbalasoft :)

Best answers
I sent in 50 dollars to them and they sent back 40... I loved that :) I'm learning Vertex modeling, and Extrude/Box modeling in Milkshape, And I've gotta say... It's pretty nice, stick with MS3D!

Best answers
SO OVERALL I THINK!

So over all i think milkshape is the best..i tried using gmax and like yall said above it is confusing..and complicated. Chumbalsoft gave me a good deal for 20$ and im glad that i have it....just fool around with milkshape and you know the rest ...

Best answers
I'd want 3d Studio Max only for making sweet pictures. But I doubt I'd have the patience to learn it.

Best answers
i've used all 3. (3dsmax we had at school, so dont complain about me stealing anything)

i like them, but i cant use the tutorials to learn. the only way i can learn is if someone is right there beside me goin step by step.

enough rambling since this probably doesnt belong in this thread

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know!

If you still wanna know: you can find everything (including Tutorials) about GMax at: www.discreet.com. I've downloaded it too. Why? How am I supposed to know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom