Milk - Does a body good?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm a huge diary fan. I love milk and have always drank large amounts. My question is, can drinking too much milk be bad for you? I drink about a gallon or more in a day or so. It ranges from 1% to 2% organic milk. I don't drink non-organic milk anymore.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard milk is bad for you after a certain age, period. I don't remember where I read it, but I rarely drink milk (and even then, it's only with cereal) as a result of that article.

Best answers
I heard milk is bad for you after a certain age, period. I don't remember where I read it, but I rarely drink milk (and even then, it's only with cereal) as a result of that article.
Same here.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm a huge diary fan. I love milk and have always drank large amounts. My question is, can drinking too much milk be bad for you? I drink about a gallon or more in a day or so. It ranges from 1% to 2% organic milk. I don't drink non-organic milk anymore.
Anything in large quantities can be bad for you.

Milk contains vitamins and minerals, both of which are good, but can be toxic to your body if there's too much of it being consumed.

Best answers
Anything in large quantities can be bad for you.

Milk contains vitamins and minerals, both of which are good, but can be toxic to your body if there's too much of it being consumed.

Yup. my doctor told me to drink at least 2 8oz glasses of milk a day.

Also, drink to much milk and it -can- give you calcium kidney stones. I know this from experience.

Best answers
I woudnt care what some article says.:smile:

Indeed to mutch of anything is bad.
But dont worry, if you drink as mutch as the body needs then all is well.
In other words when you got the apetite for it. And dont just drink it for the tase.
(I speculate, it works for me, but i am not the same as you.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I drink milk just about every day and I've never had any problems.

Milk. <3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kidney stones?

I'm pretty sure that's the only thing that could scare me away from my beloved milk o_O

Best answers
I've drinked milk from the first day i was born. There hasnt been many days when i havent drinken milk at all. And ive never had any problems with it.
But lot of my relatives have "lactose intolerance" or something like that, which makes them drink lactoseless milk. Ive never heard that it could be dangerous or anything though...

Best answers
I also have to drink lactose free milk. Otherwise I get horrid stomach cramps.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i dont know if its bad for you
but it helps the body, milk contains calcium which makes the bones stronger.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Kidney stones?

I'm pretty sure that's the only thing that could scare me away from my beloved milk o_O
Yep, too much calcium = jagged rock to piss out.

I hate milk, I only have it on the rare occasion when I eat cereal, bleh.

**** milk.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not so much bad for you as it is unnatural for you to be drinking milk after infancy. Some bodies can still handle and digest the lactose, and others(like myself) cannot.

But if you can drink it, go right ahead. The benefits of the nutrients within are definitely good.

EDIT: However my body reacts differently to different dairy products unlike other people. I can still eat cheese and yogurt with no adverse effects. However Milks leave me.... immobilized for awhile.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder if someones bones would be dramatically stronger then others if say that person never touched a soda and only drank milk for the first 16 years of his life.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
An interesting prose.

Would be cool to see if we could get someone to volunteer for that sort of study.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder if someones bones would be dramatically stronger then others if say that person never touched a soda and only drank milk for the first 16 years of his life.
It usually comes down to genetics. There's limits to how strong bones can get. A weight lifter might have stronger bones than someone who drank milk most of their life, and never touched a soda since weight-lifting increases bone density (though not dramatically).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i rarely drink anything but milk or water.

or beer.

or any spirit i can get my hands on...

=/

anyway, i have yet to break any bones outside of a severe accident, like being hit by a car (which sucks btw). other than that, i have no broken bones.

Best answers
2% milk has a lot of fats in it. So if you're looking to lose weight or keep weight off, skim is the way to go. My doctor tells me milk is good for me, so that's about all I need. It's not like it tastes bad either.

But... a gallon of milk is probably way too much. There is a lot of fat in milk. But if you're staying slim... then well I guess it's not a problem. I'd ask a doctor. That doesn't seem right to me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's down to the type of fat that's in milk though tass, i think milks fat is one of the few fats that is good for you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're going to drink milk, be a man about it and drink real milk. Skimmed and partly skimmed milk is for sissies.

I'm even a reformed 2% drinker myself. For years, most of my young life, I preferred 2%. Then one day I went out and tried a jug of the 3.5%, and to my surprise, it was milkier. I haven't looked back since.

And anybody that tries to tell me milk is unhealthy will taste the blunt corners of my empty milk jugs as I bludgeon them to death with a bag of recyclables!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom