Military Service, Choose.

Best answers
Which of the following are you, or would choose if you had to join.
I Choose Marines.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
marines are the first line in and the first to die

air force would be a better choice if you enjoy breathing

Best answers
Yes, true. But im not looking to live, im looking for a rush of pure adrenilen. See, I would choose Airforce, but i want to be on the battlefield. I am a lover of Flying, and would love to fly, but the whole Survival behind enemy lines just pushes me towards Marines. And Army, last resort, cause they die really quickly. Seeing that they are closer to the front, well on the front.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Navy!!

They may have rejected me, But I still believe in them.

And Techinically, the Marines are actually a Sub-Branch, affiliated with the Navy.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ES_TANK said:
Yes, true. But im not looking to live, im looking for a rush of pure adrenilen. See, I would choose Airforce, but i want to be on the battlefield. I am a lover of Flying, and would love to fly, but the whole Survival behind enemy lines just pushes me towards Marines. And Army, last resort, cause they die really quickly lol.
You make me sick. This is the most idiotic reason to want to be in Marines, or any of the armed forces. Being a marine is not about pure adrenaline rushes. It is about serving your country, and fighting for what you think is right. Not going out and killing people cause you like the rush. Jesus Christ you have no idea what war is like, or how serious it is.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If flying a f-18 doesnt give you an adrenaline rush, nothing will.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
If flying a f-18 doesnt give you an adrenaline rush, nothing will.
Yes, I'm sure it does, and I'm sure running out onto a battlefield does too. However! To joing the armed forces just because you want an adrenaline rush is just wrong, and kind of sickening to think we have people fighting wars because they like the rush of killing people (sometimes innocent people).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some people join the military to serve their country. Others join it because they want adventure, and still others join the military as a last resort. Everyone has different reasons. Who are you to tell someone their reason isnt plausible?

Go Airforce.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Some people join the military to serve their country. Others join it because they want adventure, and still others join the military as a last resort. Everyone has different reasons. Who are you to tell someone their reason isnt plausible?

Go Airforce.
Serving your country is good, we can both agree.
Looking for adventure in the armed forces is also good. You help people, and you expand your horizons.
Joining the military for money because you grew up in poverty (or are just poor) is also good, it offers money and adventure to kids who otherwise would end up in a prison somewheres doing time for a drug deal, or killing someone.

What I think is bad is joining the military simply because you want the rush of being in a battlefield, the rush of killing another man. Does that not seem wrong? You can like the rush, but to join up for the reason alone is not good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im going in for marines next year....wish me luck

arthos, yes the marines are a sub branch of the navy, but have now become a sub branch also of the army (technically).

marines are the first in yes, but the first to die....i would have to disagree, marines are the best trained in not only open warfare, but covert ops, and stealth too...chances are if theres a war coming, the marines and the SAS have been deployed and scouted out most of the area before the main troops are even being considdered for deployment. usually they are their if there is a thought of fighting, and there turns out to be none.

so really, i think youve got a better chance of survival with marine training. but i would agree if someone said "but a well trained sniper could take out a whole marine squad".

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would have joined the air force had I not had bad eyesight. Because of that, and my rather huge muscular frame, I could never fly a fighter jet, which has been my dream since childhood.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I had my choice... I'd go with Navy Seals.

I mean... when your sent in to do the "most important" mission, with 4 or 5 clips, and orders to remain undetected...

...you gotta be one bad motha.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Id say nothing, im an Australian and i happpen to belive that the current priminister is a total ****head, i am not willing to die for his cause, only for my country, family and friends.

Best answers
I am also Australia, and there is no way I would die for my country. only family and friends ;) but if I was an American... the Marines... alot of them are so kewt!

Best answers
owa said:
You make me sick. This is the most idiotic reason to want to be in Marines, or any of the armed forces. Being a marine is not about pure adrenaline rushes. It is about serving your country, and fighting for what you think is right. Not going out and killing people cause you like the rush. Jesus Christ you have no idea what war is like, or how serious it is.

What I think is bad is joining the military simply because you want the rush of being in a battlefield, the rush of killing another man. Does that not seem wrong? You can like the rush, but to join up for the reason alone is not good.Yes, I'm sure it does, and I'm sure running out onto a battlefield does too. However! To joing the armed forces just because you want an adrenaline rush is just wrong, and kind of sickening to think we have people fighting wars because they like the rush of killing people (sometimes innocent people).

NOWHERE did i say that i wasnt joining for My country, nor did i say I wanted to join because the excitment of killing another man. What i did say was The excitment and rush of the field and the new experience it gives to you. I never said I wanted to join just because of the Adrenaline rush, i said that was one. i never said "Im going to join the army cause i want to kill people for the adrenaline rush." Now did I? If you took it wrong, i am sorry, But this is something i have wanted to do for quite some time now. And no, i have not been in a war, but i have seen the cause of war. The Pain. And the sorrow. ANd i do not agree with what it does to poeple, nor was i talking on a level of what it did to people, i was saying that that is one of the reason i would like to join. And if you can not comprehend what i am saying, nor respect it, then i am sorry.

OnTopic - Airforce gets better grub, so i hear, and dont have to do as much physical Trainning, and of course you know why. (cuase there not on the battlefield having to run, they fly :):))

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ES_TANK said:
NOWHERE did i say that i wasnt joining for My country, nor did i say I wanted to join because the excitment of killing another man. What i did say was The excitment and rush of the field and the new experience it gives to you. I never said I wanted to join just because of the Adrenaline rush, i said that was one. i never said "Im going to join the army cause i want to kill people for the adrenaline rush." Now did I? If you took it wrong, i am sorry, But this is something i have wanted to do for quite some time now. And no, i have not been in a war, but i have seen the cause of war. The Pain. And the sorrow. ANd i do not agree with what it does to poeple, nor was i talking on a level of what it did to people, i was saying that that is one of the reason i would like to join. And if you can not comprehend what i am saying, nor respect it, then i am sorry.
did i say that i wasnt joining for My country, nor did i say I wanted to join because the excitment of killing another man.

No, but all you said was "But im not looking to live, im looking for a rush of pure adrenilen. See, I would choose Airforce, but i want to be on the battlefield."

No where in there do you even hint at wanting to fight for your country. You make it sound like a game. "I'm not looking to live" <--- What? So you are looking to die?

---

I never said I wanted to join just because of the Adrenaline rush, i said that was one. i never said "Im going to join the army cause i want to kill people for the adrenaline rush." Now did I?

You are right, you didn't say that, however, you made it sound that way. Going on about the rush of being in a fight, and how you are looking for it.

---

If you took it wrong, i am sorry, But this is something i have wanted to do for quite some time now. And no, i have not been in a war, but i have seen the cause of war. The Pain. And the sorrow. ANd i do not agree with what it does to poeple, nor was i talking on a level of what it did to people, i was saying that that is one of the reason i would like to join. And if you can not comprehend what i am saying, nor respect it, then i am sorry.

What? ALL you said was that you want to be in the marines to feel the adrenaline. You didn't say "One reason I'd like to join is for the adrenaline rush." You just simply said it is the reason you want to join, maybe next time you should point out that it isn't the only reason. We can't read your mind, so we don't know what you really mean unless you tell us what YOU really mean.

Got it? The moral is to not be vogue, and not expect people to read your mind. Had you of been clear and told us what you really ment, or atleast dropped us some hints, you wouldn't be here trying to defend yourself.

---

By the way, I voted for Marines. They seem like a tight nit group of people, and I think the amount of discipline they teach you could be helpful in everyday situations. It'd make you fitter, and you know you are really doing something good. (Assuming you believe in what you are doing, but why would you join up if you didn't...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom