• Muhammad Ali

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • Mike Tyson

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One of the oldest debates known to man (well, at least to my generation).

If Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali were both in their prime and were matched up, who do you think would win?

Personally, I think Muhammad Ali would win due to his graceful foot work, his ability to dodge punches, and his well-known ability to intimidate his opponents. Mike Tyson would put up a fight though, no doubt about that, especially since he's an in-fighter.

Just for the sake of boasting, I'd say that Muhammad Ali would win by knockout in the 10th round.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you kidding me?

George Foreman was the hardest hitter of all time (not Tyson) and Ali worked him for a late round knock-out.

I got a feeling that Tyson would come inside, and Ali would dance around him for a "QUICK" knockout.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got a feeling that Tyson would come inside, and Ali would dance around him for a "QUICK" knockout.
Mike Tyson is an aggressive in-fighter, something that can pose problems with out-fighters once they get inside. Not to mention Mike Tyson is a brawler, a brutal one at that. I think Mike Tyson would do a bit of damage to Muhammad Ali, but like I stated previously, Ali would win.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tyson is an impulse fighter who used hyped intimidation to win fights before they began.

When he fought someone fearless like Evander Holyfield, who basically out-smarted Tyson, like Ali would out-smart fighters in his era.

Tyson, basically got abused the whole fight... till he resorted to that one instance, we all remember well.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tyson is an impulse fighter who used hyped intimidation to win fights before they began.

When he fought someone fearless like Evander Holyfield, who basically out-smarted Tyson, like Ali would out-smart fighters in his era.

Tyson, basically got abused the whole fight... till he resorted to that one instance, we all remember well.
Good point.

meh screw them, viva la hoya.
De La Hoya's a good fighter, though I don't think he could keep up with either Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali... but that's just me.

Best answers
Muhammad Ali got my vote too.

Even though I could kick their asses myself.
Especially Tysons ass, cuz he got big muscels that would slow him down.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really wanted to vote for Tyson because he bits ears off but Muhammad Ali it pwoned Tyson

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Muhammad Ali got my vote too.

Even though I could kick their asses myself.
Especially Tysons ass, cuz he got big muscels that would slow him down.
Speed isn't everything in a fight, plus Mike Tyson doesn't need to be fast since he'll force himself inside and do some damage.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Actually Tyson was famous for his one punch knockout after the death of his first trainer who taught him how to get close by weaving and jabbing Tyson pretty much started depending on that or biting peoples ears off so i'm guessing it would be Ali.

Best answers
Muhammed Ali is just so legendary that people are judging him to win, Tyson could be pretty equal against him. However i think Ali would win. Because i don't watch too much boxing and i have never actually seen a single match of Muhammed Ali.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Ali would win, personally, on the grounds that even in his prime, Tyson was mostly just a power house, and he was too slow. It's arguable whether he was better than Foreman or not, but in any case, I'd imagine Ali would dance on his ass, slowly picking away at him. However, Ali would also be taking qute a few hard knocks, but I think he's pull it out in the end. It might however, be a long fight, and I think that'd work in his favor, too.

Best answers
In their prime?

Could go either way. Everyone likes to talk of Ali like he was the god of evasion; but I'd say he'll take some good hits. Soon, he might be floating like a bumble bee, stinging like a butterfly.

Ali would still win, though. Heck, I'd say Ali could win, even today... :laff:

Xenon

X
Ali, hands down. He's a smarter overall fighter. Tyson wouldn't stand a chance.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bruce lee would pwn them both =P

(I'd go for Ali too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom