midgar!?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey nice map bro! Gives you that feeling of ff7 all over again, keep it up. :yes:

Bolteh2

B
eeeehm, first lets see it ingame because:

1) i dont think ull manage to get it ingame
2) if u do get it ingame = unplayable

its pretty nice tho, ive never seen some1 working as detailed as that for hl :D

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG the r-speeds on that map must be something around 2000. That looks incredible man, but it's not possible to make a map that detailed for hl. Hl can not handle those things, some people with highend comp might be able to see the thing, but it will crash with the first swoop.

Best answers
Actually FPS is fine in the map. But this map is probably not going to be used for HL. We're going to make a mod and use it.

Best answers
yea if i can't get decent fps for it on esf, i might convert it to something else, maybe a hl2 mod? hopefully it will be playable :O
if i must, i'll simplify it i guess =\

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*grumbles something about why he suggested doing a smaller section of midgar* ;P

Seriously though, at the least, see what happens with HL2. Even though it won't even approach the size of HL2's max map size, it'd be an interesting test of converting HL maps to HL2 maps. Also, I wanna be able to play it ;P Hmmmm. Low G Midgar HL2DM :p

-Karrde-

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So this is the 2500 face building, I was waiting to see it. ;)
That's some incredible detail, just do anything and everything you can to prevent it from blowing up old computers. ;P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once in a long while something comes along that throughly impresses me well beyond my expectations. This is one of those things.

It looks great. I thought it was going to be another sad attempt but you got it almost square on... I was just wondering if you could show us the scaling you have set up for it though.

Best answers
well im trying to scale it perfectly, but i dont know how good it is yet, cuz last time i tested it ingame, it was just with the shinra building. but that building is pretty dam high in game ;]

thanks for all the comments on my work so far, i was trying to go for perfection in making an exact copy of the real thing ^_^

also when hl2 comes out, i'll have a lot more space to work in, and will probably get to adding all the floors of the building that are accessible in the game, and the elevators and whatnot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks really nice.
I would rather have Wutai as a battlefield though.

Best answers
Man you've captured Midgar in all its glory! You didnt have to do the whole city though, how long did it take?

Best answers
to do that took about a week, now i got school so i cant work on it as much =\

Best answers
I must say for myself that i am quite the ff7 buff,
and from what ive seen through all my playing,
youve completely depicted with this map. I see
absolutely nothing wrong with it, youve mapped
it exactly how it should be. Awesome job dude,
great map of Midgar

Best answers
yay, somebody finally attempted it! i was waiting for this.. thanks a lot. The map looks good, almost perfect! I too love ff7, favourite all-time game, looks almost exact! Love to see this ingame (i didnt expect u to do the whole thing but hey!)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
hmm ... prolly i should play ff7 since u all say that its that good *gg* ... but bout the map ... looks good but not playable in hl1

Best answers
i've finished the top plate, and im working on slums now :D..

yea i realized it wouldn't be playable in hl1 a while ago, so im gonna release it for hl2 maybe, or take out a lot of unneccesary detail if i release for hl1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom