Microsoft's Project Natal (360 attachment thingy)

Best answers
I looked around and it looked like nobody posted this yet so...
Microsoft is working on some thing that will attach to the 360 and you won't need a controller. It's sort of like the wii but better.
Watch the video it's ridiculous. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i believe it looks better than Wii.
Man, games will surely change a lot in the next 5 years or so.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i believe it looks better than Wii.
Man, games will surely change a lot in the next 5 years or so.
Well, there's no disputing that a 360 can put out better visuals than the Wii can. That's a 3-year-old, long-dead issue :p

None of you are getting the vibe that this thing is incredibly gimmicky and will probably be sparingly utilized by third-part developers?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
None of you are getting the vibe that this thing is incredibly gimmicky and will probably be sparingly utilized by third-part developers?
This.

Also, I wonder when this is going to be released - some E3 experts claim it's been revealed too soon and that the actual release date is probably somewhere around the late 2010, early 2011 date.

I can't help but be sceptical about the whole thing, because the Wii disappointed me so much. I want to see it done right but I just don't know if we can right now. :eek:

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, the videos on that site say "Product Vision"; there's no telling how much MS may have to scrap in order to get this thing out the door in a timely fashion and at a price that won't make 360 owners overly cross.

The Wii was advertised to be similarly immersive, but the technology can only do so much, and only has so much of a place in console games before it becomes tiresome or gimmicky.

...plus, if people thought gamers looked retarded using Wiimotes to simulate actions... well, one look at that guy replacing tires at a pit stop in a hypothetical racing game was enough to make me wonder how those same people will view this attachment :p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I've checked the video at:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_txF7iETX0[/ame]

Man, That rocks.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again: read the fine print. "Product vision". That's not the thing in action :p

I'll reserve judgment until I see the real deal in action.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Here ya go Majin ^_^

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGBOv4wsddo[/ame]

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Mom is cool....for once" That was funny! :)

As for the "thing"... It looks really good. :D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah I soo want to play an FPS game on it its gonna be soo cool! ^_^

Best answers
Based on...?
My opinion I guess XD

But I didn't think it would really work that well yet until I saw the actual thing being played in that video eRRoR posted and it actually looks like it might work.
The camera that it uses to track you looks like it works better than the Wii's remote and sensor. I'm just glad that it hooks up to the 360 so I won't have to buy a new console. I wonder how much it will cost though. Even if it's expensive I think I'll definitely get it.

Best answers
ps had eye toy first, this is just a more expansive version. ps3 will counter with somthing much better.

or insanely simmilar.

that and this is somewhat bs, in the video it shows a kid skate bording, how is it gonna work by looking at his feet. its gonna be like wii. you have nothing to sense things that are important to how it really works in real life.

so its not gonna react like it should. i.e. how can it tell how much pressure you put into the kick of an ollie. or weather or not you actualy catch the grip tape and slide your foot to complete? or what if you land it wrong but your still standing up? in the game you will fall? their obviously gonna tailor it to ppl who dont want to have to try very hard so they can make the most money.

its gonna end up like wii games where you will have motions you have to "recreate" to play the game rather than actualy tailoring to you. not in all cases. i can see wii sports actualy working thru this tech, and its not like your gonna be able to play dead or alive, or anything involving unrealistic motion, so it will have its own wii sports like games. the only thing i think is cool is the camera phone. but seriously x-box online is laggy already. imagin what will happen when ppl are attempting to send real time video to each other... total bs. but i do think ps3 will come up with somthing better anyway.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I refuse to believe that today's technology is advanced enough to fully caption your body motion and convert it to exact same motion in the game (and I expected Wii to do that and apparantley Wii was primitive even when it was released, at least for me)

I'm getting an xbox 360 if this really is captures your full body mootion, to details.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now that I've seen a working demo of the thing, I can, with at least some certainty, state that it's not doing it for me. Besides taking the control out of the equation, how does what they were playing differ at all from a Wii Sports or Wii Play micro-game? For that matter, how is this any more significant than what the Eye Toy was doing last generation?

I don't think that this peripheral is going to cause developers to sit down and brainstorm what it can do for the "hardcore" (for lack of a better term) gamer who's looking for the next new development in FPS games, or for that new, gritty third-person action game. I can see this as being something of an adjunct to their low-cost offerings for people buying it as a family entertainment unit (not unlike why they still sell the "Arcade" version of the 360). If there are any really well-thought-out games that rely solely on this thing's functionality, they will likely be few and far between, and probably will not reach as many people as initially thought (ie: most of the Wii's first-party titles).

I'm seeing more glitz and hype, but I'm not seeing anything that hasn't been done, yet. What I am seeing is an attempt to get in on the market that, for all intents and purposes, Nintendo has a choke-hold on. Don't take that as blind fanboyism (because I don't consider competition bad; competition, quite often, ends up being great for the consumer), just as an observation.

Best answers
Well, nintendo wii opened a new development process for all the game industry! THis is just the beggining! :)

Best answers
wii motes are still crap. the 6 axis in the ps3 controller is actualy better. it can sense all direction and hight and speed, where as a wii mote uses infa red for 2 of these.

Best answers
WOW. I'm going to have to agree with L on Sony's product. I have never owned any iteration of the Playstation, but this device looks much better than the Wiimote. If it turns out good I might want a PS3.

As for this Natal. I'm not buying into the hype at all. I doubt Microsoft can make this "vision" affordable, or possible for that matter, though it would be cool if it did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom